Texas Hunting Forum

Federal Duck Stamp

Posted By: jbseamus83

Federal Duck Stamp - 11/04/19 03:24 PM

Hi All,
I purchased my Super Combo back in August. I also purchased the separate Federal Duck Stamp. My license shows that I paid for this. However, I still have not received the actual stamp in the mail. In the past, It would take about 3 weeks, but I would get it. Has anyone else experienced this? How do you take care of this to get the stamp? Would it still be illegal to duck hunt without the stamp if the license shows that I purchased it? I've never had this happen before.
Posted By: Murphoutdoors28

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/04/19 09:51 PM

This happened to me for the first time as well. I am planning to just go to the post office and donate my money to get the duck stamp. Then moving forward in the future, just get the duck stamp from the post office from now on. Rather than wait for TPWD to send it.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/04/19 09:54 PM

I’d imagine you or one of your neighbors received the stamp and threw it away thinking it was trash.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/04/19 11:24 PM

I always get mine at the post office.

That way it’s in my possession and I don’t have to wait on tpwd to mail it
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/05/19 01:44 AM

If you bought an E-Stamp and you have not received your physical Duck Stamp after a few weeks, contact Amplex at duckstamp@amplex.com or 800/852-4897. Do not contact the Federal Duck Stamp Office.

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/05/19 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hopedale
If you bought an E-Stamp and you have not received your physical Duck Stamp after a few weeks, contact Amplex at duckstamp@amplex.com or 800/852-4897. Do not contact the Federal Duck Stamp Office.

Yep. I did some googling yesterday and this is what I found as well. I emailed and within 30 minutes had a reply. Asked for my full name and address. I gave it to them. They said they mailed it out on 9/3 and it must have gotten lost in transit. They sent a new one out to me yesterday and gave me a confirmation number. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the quick response and how willing they were to work with me. In the future, I am sure I will just go to the post office to avoid all of this though.

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/05/19 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Murphoutdoors28
This happened to me for the first time as well. I am planning to just go to the post office and donate my money to get the duck stamp. Then moving forward in the future, just get the duck stamp from the post office from now on. Rather than wait for TPWD to send it.

See my post below. If you contact them, they will send a new one. If you just want to avoid that and just go to the post office, that works as well.
Posted By: Delta Duckman

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/05/19 04:47 PM

I live in Louisiana and purchase my Federal Stamp at Academy Sporting Goods. On the license part it shows paying for the duck stamp. I would hope that if you are stopped by an official the proof of purchase should be sufficient even though the stamp is not on the back. They do send the stamp in the mail it has worked for me for years.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/05/19 07:58 PM

I called Amplex about mine and they told me they were having issues with Academy not sending them the request and told me to call Texas Parks and Wildlife. TPW found that an outfitter that purchased an alligator tag for me last year still had their address on my file to mail my tag to. They now have my right address. I called the outfitter and they tell me that that hadn't received anything for me, which I find hard to believe since both TPW and Amplex had the same address. TPW sent my public lands booklet there and Amplex sent my duck stamp there. I will have to call Amplex back and see if they will send me a stamp. My wife got her stuff and I bought them on the same day so I started tracking my stuff down.
Posted By: snogeese

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/06/19 02:32 PM

I get my license online every year now on Aug 15 and get the stamp well before teal season starts. Best way to make sure HIP gets done too.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/07/19 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by jbseamus83
Hi All,
I purchased my Super Combo back in August. I also purchased the separate Federal Duck Stamp. My license shows that I paid for this. However, I still have not received the actual stamp in the mail. In the past, It would take about 3 weeks, but I would get it. Has anyone else experienced this? How do you take care of this to get the stamp? Would it still be illegal to duck hunt without the stamp if the license shows that I purchased it? I've never had this happen before.

Yes it’s happens all the time. That’s why I go to the Post Office.
Posted By: Jobst

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/07/19 07:37 PM

Is it me or am I the only one that gets sticker shock whenever I purchase my combo and duck stamp (for 2)? I feel that with less hunters they will vote to raise the stamp price again.
Posted By: tophorsecop

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/08/19 12:20 AM

And whatever the price is I will still pay it...the Duck Stamp program is one of the most efficient programs using Federal Funds...98 cents on the dollar to wetlands conservation and easement purchase...if only the rest of the "G" was that good...I really don't care for some of Paypal's policies but at least for my account, a purchase over $100 gets me 6 months interest free...I get to thumb my nose at their anti-gun stance and "use" their money while I pay for my Texas Supercombo, drawing chances and stamp!
Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: Federal Duck Stamp - 11/10/19 04:59 AM

This happened to me. I purchased mine back in September and still hadn’t received mine as of last week. I was afraid I wouldn’t get it in time for the opener. I called Amplex and it was quick and easy. They rushed it. My stamp came 2 days later with a tracking number. They were awesome
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum