Texas Hunting Forum

Tropical disturbance and teal question

Posted By: Troy king

Tropical disturbance and teal question - 09/17/19 01:01 PM

What do y'all think this tropical disturbance will do to the teal that are already on the coast?... Is it possible that several days of heavy rain and thunderstorms could push them back North some?.... It would be nice for some local North/ east Texas lakes get covered up in birds.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Tropical disturbance and teal question - 09/17/19 05:02 PM

Yeah, tomorrow is my lease day to Teal hunt. Thinking I will wait for the weekend. Need another push of new birds and I am not banking on huge rain storm from the south getting the job done.
Posted By: Gulfgoose

Re: Tropical disturbance and teal question - 09/17/19 05:21 PM

Going to depend on where the rain goes. A system like this will have the birds that we have looking for newly flooded ground and sheetwater. Generally hurts the marsh with high levels and more suitable habitat elsewhere. Start looking in any area that could hold just a few inches of water.
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Tropical disturbance and teal question - 09/17/19 06:01 PM

More than likely will scatter what we have. It is good for the birds,because new food sources & will let them get away from hunting pressure,thus staying in the area longer.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Tropical disturbance and teal question - 09/17/19 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Troy king
What do y'all think this tropical disturbance will do to the teal that are already on the coast?... Is it possible that several days of heavy rain and thunderstorms could push them back North some?.... It would be nice for some local North/ east Texas lakes get covered up in birds.

They will pick up an head due south in less time it took us to type these answers.
Posted By: Troy king

Re: Tropical disturbance and teal question - 09/17/19 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by wal1809
Originally Posted by Troy king

They will pick up an head due south in less time it took us to type these answers.

Hahaha didnt think of that!!... So they'll be shooting them at Los Ombues by Friday... figures.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Tropical disturbance and teal question - 09/18/19 01:58 AM

Had a solid hunt this am in Garwood 15 birds just short of limits. I’ll tell you to have breeze moving decoys and never breaking a sweat and no bugs....pretty sweet.
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Tropical disturbance and teal question - 09/20/19 09:36 PM

We Had teal night before opening- they were gone inAM. Reports zippo to skinny this week. Haven’t heard much since Tuesday
Posted By: tophorsecop

Re: Tropical disturbance and teal question - 09/21/19 12:37 AM

Hunted near Eagle Lake this morning... 20 or 21 for 6 hunters...hunters as old as 70+...we saw "fresh" birds, compared with Wednesday's birds...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum