Texas Hunting Forum

BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em

Posted By: garrett

BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 06:50 PM

was very happy to see the boy slap the trigger and get a limit of BWT last weekend...proud feeling, boys

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Greg

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 06:53 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: tdogg

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 06:57 PM

Great picture! I can't tell who's smiling more, the ducks or the kid. I love that your teaching the kid to only shoot quality ducks. Congrats!!
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 06:59 PM

Good job!
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 07:03 PM

Chip off the old block.
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 08:01 PM

nice, those kind of look like shovelors...
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 08:14 PM

Greatness! Must have been a lot colder down in CenTex last weekend. up

stir

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 08:29 PM

thanks guys,

and whacknstack, those bird have the blue band on the wing. On top of that BWT and northern shovlers are from the same family, they both have a spoon type bill, make sure you know your facts before breaking out the internet game warden badge

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 09:33 PM

no badge here, just going off beak color and size but i could be wrong. good job getting the kiddo out and knocking some down. up
Posted By: rickym

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 09:45 PM

Great job and an experience the kid will never forget. up

I have to agree those bwt look really big. Im not sure many northern birds have quite gotten here but some have. I’m not gonna say they are or aren’t, Though typically there’s a little green with the blue. Who knows. confused2
Posted By: Stub

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 09:45 PM

Thats greatness right there cheers Your sons huge smile says it all up
Posted By: mohunter

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Whack n stack
no badge here, just going off beak color and size but i could be wrong. good job getting the kiddo out and knocking some down. up

Yep, definitely a teal, the bright orange feet are a dead giveaway.

I just can't believe a duck got close enough to kill with that outdated camo pattern.
Posted By: Murphoutdoors28

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 10:10 PM

[quote][/quote]
Is everyone joking? I guess i'm confused. Those are definitely Northern Shoveler hens...

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 10:29 PM

roflmao got me.
Posted By: Heisman25g

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 10:29 PM

Awfully dressed for a blue wing hunt...... some of y’all jump offsides to easy
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 11:04 PM

I think this qualifies as a post that'll get you some time off around here..

How did the moderator put it??

"Wasting GW's time and recourses"

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/16/19 11:14 PM

Some folks just can’t be happy for someone, always talking down...also funny some hard core duck hunters can’t ID something as simple as a teal
Posted By: Fowl Language

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 03:21 AM

popcorn Just post a better picture to prove him wrong. Nice harvest! Great way to start the season for the kids! I wish I could go back in time with mine.
Posted By: Soda sip

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 03:27 AM

Lots of warm clothes and dead vegetation in the background. You wouldn’t be pulling our bills would ya?
Posted By: 68A

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 03:46 AM

roflmao

Sad state of affairs
Posted By: Greg

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 04:09 AM

roflmao got me.

Me too, I didn’t even look... nice Hollywood’s there Garrett. LOL
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by garrett
Some folks just can’t be happy for someone, always talking down...also funny some hard core duck hunters can’t ID something as simple as a teal

What's baffling is the fact that there are people that believe September mornings in Texas warrant a coat and toboggan....then there is the little issue of the deformed [censored] on your teal... roflmao

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by mohunter

Yep, definitely a teal, the bright orange feet are a dead giveaway.

I just can't believe a duck got close enough to kill with that outdated camo pattern.

Orange feet?? Gotta be mallards
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 12:53 PM

Those aren't teals
Posted By: Judd

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 02:20 PM

rofl
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by BradyBuck
Originally Posted by garrett

What's baffling is the fact that there are people that believe September mornings in Texas warrant a coat and toboggan....then there is the little issue of the deformed [censored] on your teal... roflmao

I can't believe nobody noticed he has two left boots on, but I tend to be more observant than most... as proven by this thread.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 03:36 PM

I thought everyone knew that, that wasn't actually Garret's son. But actually Garret

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass
I thought everyone knew that, that wasn't actually Garret's son. But actually Garret

While that is the same ducks Garrett would be holding, that's definitely not him. That kid's head is half the size of Garrett's roflmao
Posted By: Schat

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 05:26 PM

Great shooting kid, I would be happy for that hunt certain times of the year. Really drape blue on the wing, almost gray

Northern Shovlers.

This species is unmistakable in the northern hemisphere due to its large spatulate bill. The breeding drake has an iridescent dark green head,[13] white breast and chestnut belly and flanks. In flight, pale blue forewing feathers are revealed, separated from the green speculum by a white border. In early fall the male will have a white crescent on each side of the face.[4] In non-breeding (eclipse) plumage, the drake resembles the female.

The female is a drab mottled brown like other dabblers,[13] with plumage much like a female mallard, but easily distinguished by the long broad bill, which is gray tinged with orange on cutting edge and lower mandible.[4] The female's forewing is gray.

They are 48 cm (19 in) long and have a wingspan of 76 cm (30 in) with a weight of 600 g (1.3 lb).[3]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Texasteach

Re: BWT off to a bang, the boy smacked em - 09/17/19 06:20 PM

I know nothing of ducks, but good on the kid. By the way, it isn't two left shoes, he just has them untied on the wrong feet. And if he wants to wear a jacket, good on him for wanting to go outdoors. Heck, I had rather have my boy hunt in a Smurf outfit than sit around and play XBox.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum