Texas Hunting Forum

Gun camo dipper

Posted By: TexasDuckMan

Gun camo dipper - 08/22/19 06:13 PM

Does anyone have any references for a company that can camo dip my new shotgun? Looking for someone reputable who knows what they are doing.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Gun camo dipper - 08/22/19 06:29 PM

North Texas Hydrographics have done 3 different guns for me and I've been happy with them all.
Posted By: TexasDuckMan

Re: Gun camo dipper - 08/22/19 06:47 PM

Their site says they only do the stock and Forearm. Did they do your entire gun because that's what I'm looking for.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Gun camo dipper - 08/22/19 06:53 PM

Come to think of it, I don't believe I've ever had them do any on metal...it's always been stocks for benchrest guns. I'm a little shocked they don't do metal.
Posted By: fin&feather

Re: Gun camo dipper - 08/22/19 06:54 PM

Dipstix graphics in Huntsville have done a couple for me. One in bottomland and a re-dip from stock camo.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Gun camo dipper - 08/25/19 01:35 PM

These cats do it right. Had them do a 390 a few years ago and the finish is hanging tough and looks great......

https://www.facebook.com/Texas.Hydrocoating/

I went with one that looks like carbon fiber but they have everything available.
Posted By: 2flyfish4

Re: Gun camo dipper - 08/25/19 05:07 PM

I did one of my guns my self. Look on YouTube for some how to videos. There is a little bit of a learning curve but overall it's a pretty easy process.
Posted By: herb_mason

Re: Gun camo dipper - 08/25/19 06:15 PM

My humble opinion: I think field guns in stock matte black or gunmetal finishes look best on guns. The military also leaves its issue rifles standard subdued black. Critters see gun movement. Matte black doesn't show up that well to the eyes of game. It's my understanding that camo finishes on guns, even factory guns, will look horrible when the finish starts to wear. I've been told that camo guns were even lost when the hunter set it down on the ground and could no longer see it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum