Texas Hunting Forum

Dove Hunt around Abilene

Posted By: hatchie_hills

Dove Hunt around Abilene - 08/04/19 01:34 AM

Looking for a spot to dove hunt opening weekend around Abilene. Active duty military just moved to the area, been overseas the last six years. Will help with field and pay if I need to. Thanks.
Posted By: pervis

Re: Dove Hunt around Abilene - 08/04/19 06:20 AM

Check out ranger creek outfitters. They're north of Abilene up in haskell area. Alot of places are prob gona be booked up already for the opener.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Dove Hunt around Abilene - 08/05/19 05:40 AM

I have a place just outside of Coleman and I I'm of the opinion the windmills placed north of us have changed the flyway. We use to be covered up with dove. It seems since the windmills have been up-north the dove have changed their path. I guess that is just my opinion but the one thing I know for a fact, the dove don't fly over the ranch anything like they did. Something has change and the coincidence is to close to be ignored?
Posted By: pervis

Re: Dove Hunt around Abilene - 08/05/19 07:00 AM

They are becoming more and more finicky. The 1st 3 yrs of owning my place in haskell, we shot limits everytime in one sitting either the am or the afternoon. On the 4th yr, there were very few birds. I did still have birds, but not like normal. Last year was good but we only hunted dove a few times. This yr will hopefully be a slammer, my neighbor planted 160 acres of wheat that I back up to. I can remember 5 yrs ago, Coleman was the place to be. I haven't heard many reports out of that area anymore. What's weird is the birds are literally out in the desert areas now. I have good Hope's for this yr locally and out west.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Dove Hunt around Abilene - 08/05/19 05:48 PM

I may be helping out my good friend Kole here by taking my dogs out to those who want a dog to pick up birds.

Great people if anyone is looking for some great dove hunting south of Abilene in the heart of dove country,

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hatchie_hills

Re: Dove Hunt around Abilene - 08/11/19 01:52 AM

Any other website to look for a place to hunt? Thanks
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Dove Hunt around Abilene - 08/11/19 02:36 AM

I have some sunflowers in ballinger I’ll be running day hunts on, as well as season passes for another part of the same property with corn, milo, and sunflower as well as mesquite pasture. Tons of tanks along the edges of the fields
Posted By: boonee

Re: Dove Hunt around Abilene - 08/12/19 01:41 AM

Call Justin: Ranger Creek Goose Guides 325 260 8626. We have hunted with him for years. He has constantly put us on birds!
Haskell area hunting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum