Texas Hunting Forum

Jeb's

Posted By: Charlie817

Jeb's - 07/13/19 12:48 AM

.690 or .695?
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Jeb's - 07/13/19 10:29 PM

What type and size shot will you be shooting most off the time, what birds you shooting at, and how far away will the birds be? And if you really want to get specific, look up what the true bore diameter is of the model shotgun you are using.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Jeb's - 07/13/19 10:59 PM

happybday

Re: Jeb's - 07/14/19 02:26 AM

Hi Sniper John, I'm mostly shooting #2's, but will shoot BB's on occasion out to 50 yards. I know that larger shot in a more open choke will shoot a tighter pattern and smaller shot will shoot a more open pattern. Trying to determine which one of the two would be more versatile or efficient. Shooting a Super Vinci. Now I'm going ti look up my bore diameter. lol! You made me curious. Thanks.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Jeb's - 07/14/19 04:50 AM

Look on the barrel under the hand guard. You could also measure the choke diameters of the factory chokes and see where the difference is with the aftermarket choke choices. .005 is not much difference. I would not be surprised if there was at least .002 difference in bore diameter between individual barrels on the assembly line.

Re: Jeb's - 07/14/19 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sniper John
Look on the barrel under the hand guard. You could also measure the choke diameters of the factory chokes and see where the difference is with the aftermarket choke choices. .005 is not much difference. I would not be surprised if there was at least .002 difference in bore diameter between individual barrels on the assembly line.

Will do Sniper John, thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Jeb's - 07/14/19 11:20 PM

I’d go more open if you predominantly shoot steel.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum