Texas Hunting Forum

Dove Hunts near Aspermont

Posted By: ratz

Dove Hunts near Aspermont - 07/05/19 07:56 PM

anyone know anybody who does day leases in the Aspermont area? The past few years we've stayed in Aspermont and hunted in Stamford area, just checking to see if there is anything closer.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Dove Hunts near Aspermont - 07/07/19 07:05 AM

Check with Texas Best Outfitters as their lodge is just 11 miles south of Aspermont. But each time we have hunted with them they go where the birds are so the fields weren't near there. They have fields there but for the most part, birds are east starting at Rule to an Anson line. Later season they might hunt closer if there are good food sources.

http://texasbestoutfitters.com/quail-dove/#
Posted By: pervis

Re: Dove Hunts near Aspermont - 07/12/19 04:13 AM

I'm in Haskell. I'm a private land owner not an outfitter. Keep in touch. If the birds are there I have sold day hunts in the past. Normally i have birds.
Posted By: MI2TX

Re: Dove Hunts near Aspermont - 07/16/19 04:28 AM

Have you Had some success with them? Iím interested in taking my dad when he comes to visit I TX.
Posted By: aggiegadwall

Re: Dove Hunts near Aspermont - 07/21/19 03:48 AM

30 miles to shoot dove ainít that far to drive. Especially if thereís birds. Who have yíall been hunting with?
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Dove Hunts near Aspermont - 07/21/19 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by MI2TX
Have you Had some success with them? Iím interested in taking my dad when he comes to visit I TX.

Yeah. Out of 18 hunts, 14 were limits. On the 4 that were not, seemed they were holding back due to day after day of corporate groups... We always had a large group. Sometimes you can throw a rock and limit and other times have to actually shoot though. Call aggiegadwall and he will get you on birds but don't expect a 5 minute drive though.
© 2022 Texas Hunting Forum