Texas Hunting Forum

Who needs a floating blind?

Posted By: Guy

Who needs a floating blind? - 06/02/19 01:39 AM

Lake Lewisville Peer 121 Marina. They will not need this soon when water goes down. I bet they would sell this cheap, perfect for floating blinds. That would make blind for 60 people.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/03/19 12:15 AM

popcorn
Posted By: Gacman

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/04/19 05:34 PM

A blind for 60 people would be best suited for farther north of us since they are short stopping our ducks.
Posted By: RayB

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/04/19 05:43 PM

I sure wouldn't want to be the guy that had to brush that thing bolt

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/04/19 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Lake Lewisville Peer 121 Marina. They will not need this soon when water goes down. I bet they would sell this cheap, perfect for floating blinds. That would make blinds for 60 people.

[Linked Image]

Fixed it
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/04/19 07:23 PM

They will need it again
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/05/19 12:35 AM

Wont recede.
Global warming.

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/05/19 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by ndhunter
They will need it again

I doubt it. Not sure where they would store it, and if it sits out side for a year, I lot will go bad. There was one section already crack when I crossed it from getting weathered. They might have also just paid a contractor to install and remove when they say, in this case you make a deal with the contractor. If anyone is interested, they should call them. I was wanting to float my blind when I had my lease, marinas is who I called to see what they had.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/05/19 04:45 PM

You should see the temporary walkway at Scott's Landing on Grapevine. Two to three times longer than the picture here.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/05/19 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
They will need it again

I doubt it. Not sure where they would store it, and if it sits out side for a year, I lot will go bad. There was one section already crack when I crossed it from getting weathered. They might have also just paid a contractor to install and remove when they say, in this case you make a deal with the contractor. If anyone is interested, they should call them. I was wanting to float my blind when I had my lease, marinas is who I called to see what they had.

I can remember seeing one there every time we get a lot of rain. A buddy of mine used to have a boat docked there about 20 years ago, they were using them then.
Posted By: jrfan

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/05/19 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
They will need it again

I can remember seeing one there every time we get a lot of rain. A buddy of mine used to have a boat docked there about 20 years ago, they were using them then.

I worked at Eagle Point Marina on Lewisville all through HS and even a little through college. They will reuse that again. Too time consuming/costly to build every time the water comes up. At least we did.
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/05/19 08:36 PM

just hunt where it is at, no need to brush in. problem solved.

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/05/19 09:47 PM

Back when I had my duck lease I was thinking about floating my blind, I called around marinas to see what they had. One marina on Lewisville told me they would sell me some stuff to come out and look, can’t remember which one, seems like it was on the west side of the lake, maybe the old Lake Dallas area. But he took me to a spot, that was basically a dock junk yard. He gave me a really low price, he said fill your truck up with what you want for like $20. He had a mountain of styrofoam.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/06/19 05:33 AM

Yuppies. Back in the day we had to swim to my grandads boat at Whitney. I was scared to death just swimming to it. Jumping logs while skiing was normal...
Posted By: outfitter1

Re: Who needs a floating blind? - 06/12/19 03:01 PM

Found one like this 10yrs ago on Grapevine floated up it to the willows. 18ft long in 2ft water, covered with willow limbs and tied her down made a great blind for 2 years before the lake rose and it disappeared.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum