Texas Hunting Forum

what crap u buying this offseason

Posted By: 2flyfish4

what crap u buying this offseason - 03/03/19 01:12 AM

just picked up some carlson choke tubes. got the cremator mid and long range and a turkey choke.
still looking for a new duck call, would like to get a texas made call from a custom builder, but recently came across a rnt diablo that i really like so may end up getting that. likely going to pick up some more teal decoys, wouldn't mind a few canada floaters and some mallard flocked decoys. been looking at some flambeau gunning series. another case of shells, may pick up a case of bismuth this year to give that a try. a koplin dry armour case. a higon pulsator and maybe even the battleship. Looking for a new wading jacket to. been looking at the natural gear 3 in 1 wading jacket. still looking though. probably some other odd and in crap but that should cover most my needs for next season

what do yall have on the buy list?
Posted By: ken starling

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/03/19 05:44 AM

I知 a sucker for decoys , so anything I see at a good price I usually buy. Possibly a new choke for the A5, new Camo , dog ramp for my boat I bought last season and with any luck pick up a new shotgun before season...Lol. Already picked up some Mojo Flyway squirters on clearance at Wal Mart for $40 ea and a 6 pack of Flock o flickers for the same. We will try them out and see.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/03/19 03:59 PM

I've got to get a new pair of waders.

Probably going with the Sitka Delta waders.

I'd like to get a Duck oven jacket and some pants as well.
Posted By: tophorsecop

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/03/19 10:03 PM

Wife passed in August of 2015, sure would like another Cajun girl/huntin' partner, that can make gumbo, do some of the driving, most of the dog handling, and would never tell me no when I want more decoys...just sayin'
Posted By: RayB

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/04/19 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by tophorsecop
Wife passed in August of 2015, sure would like another Cajun girl/huntin' partner, that can make gumbo, do some of the driving, most of the dog handling, and would never tell me no when I want more decoys...just sayin'

Condolences on the wife, good luck finding another good one like that.

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/04/19 12:51 AM

If it's not an arm and a leg I want this in 20 gauge
http://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/fair/details/slx600-goose-camo
Posted By: brazosboyt

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/04/19 04:01 AM

What I want:

1. Couple A frame blinds
2. 6.5 creedmore long range rig for coyote and whatever the hell ekse I wanna shoot at 500+ yards...
3. Pulsar thermal for hog hunting.
4. 2 dozen full body snow floaters
5. 85 hp tractor with plow and batwing mower.

What I will get:

A frames and snow decoys....
Posted By: rickym

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/04/19 01:22 PM

Already bought some more teal decoys, and a real decoy swimming decoy not sure I値l be buying any more this year
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/04/19 02:26 PM

Already bought 2 cases of ammo and a new prop. Considering a jack plate. Might replace the old school halogen off road lights on the boat with LEDs.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/04/19 04:56 PM

Couple of things on the list:

1) Another A frame, probably go with another Avian but really interested in the Tanglefree panel blinds
2) 20 ga waterfowl gun
3) I am going to stock up on Heavy X. Never seen any real benefit to the expensive shells until this year with these shells. I actually thing I will shoot way less shells with these. Won't offset the complete cost but it will help reduce the cost of shells over the entire season.
4) Slotted bags from Rodgers. Bought a backpack for spinners and the quality is exceptional for the price.
Posted By: BDB

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/04/19 06:26 PM

My boat is getting rigged right now for some side lights up on the bow....the main spot looking forward is fine . Steps on the front of my trailer to help get in/out when alone. I've shot a brand of shells for 3 seasons now...they start with the word "heavy"....getting rid of those and going back to less expensive ones. I might add a couple more pulsators, have 2 now. 1 more dozen decoys for next year, probably mallards....low head.
Posted By: Gulfgoose

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/05/19 05:48 PM

I have two tanglefree panel blinds and love them. More versatile and a LOT easier set up compared to A frames. If they're brushed heavy it literally takes you 30 seconds to set up with one person.
Posted By: Wayward287

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/05/19 10:25 PM

New Waders and probably a new blind bag too.
Posted By: Windrider

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/06/19 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by RayB

Call John at Quality Arms in Houston. He値l fix you right up.

You can even order it with the stock bent to your dimensions.
Posted By: Windrider

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/06/19 01:27 AM

Probably a new call.

Maybe a Camo 20ga OU.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/06/19 02:25 AM

Bought a shotshell press to make keeping my shooting sharp in the offseason, more affordable and convenient. I also picked up 20 pounds of # 4 Bismuth shot to load up and get my old superposed back in my hands next season.

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/06/19 02:32 AM

oh i forgot, i'd like to get a shotkam as well.

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/06/19 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Windrider

Call John at Quality Arms in Houston. He’ll fix you right up.

I did , IFG will have to order it from Italy, Trying to decide if I want it $2K worth. BTW John is retiring in June crying

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/07/19 02:46 PM

Well, only an arm and half a leg, 180 day wait to get it from Italy, I also had the barrels shortened to 26" (extra) 30" just seemed like it would be a hassle in a duck blind
Posted By: john paul

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/07/19 02:49 PM

New decoy trailer
1 dozen deception crane decoys
3 dozen full body mallards
20 dozen canada sillosocks
20 dozen snow sillosocks
Posted By: cannon88

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/07/19 03:28 PM

New blind bag...but, I have been saying that the last few seasons and don't get a new one because they are too pricey for what you get. Why are they so expensive?
Posted By: garrett

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/07/19 05:03 PM

i'm gonna get some new Sitka gear so I can kill more ducks, this old Drake stuff is flaring em I think
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/07/19 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by cannon88
New blind bag...but, I have been saying that the last few seasons and don't get a new one because they are too pricey for what you get. Why are they so expensive?

I知 thinking about getting one of those blind backpacks, but my blind bag is in really good shape still.
Posted By: TXCrossTimbers

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/07/19 10:04 PM

Picked up some new waders. Might get a new splatter gun in a few months.
Posted By: Laser123

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/08/19 03:09 AM

Well my feelins are hurt.
Here I am slaving away in the call shop working on next years inventory and not a single one of ya is thinking about a new call.
www.fowlworx.com

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/08/19 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Laser123
Well my feelins are hurt.
Here I am slaving away in the call shop working on next years inventory and not a single one of ya is thinking about a new call.
www.fowlworx.com

Well, looks like you池e all sold out!!!
Posted By: Laser123

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/08/19 03:14 AM

We will began to put up 2019 calls next week on the site.
We got behind on orders during Christmas.
Won't happen again
Thank you for looking!!!!!.
Posted By: texas wetlands

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/11/19 05:01 PM

20' concealed comfort pit blind. Got delivered this weekend. Just need to install it now.
Posted By: Misfire

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/12/19 02:37 PM

I知 going to make some much needed improvements to the boat this year..mostly gonna improve the blind. I知 going to cover it in shaggy material with a wind/rain barrier. Come December/January I知 going to be dry, warm and eating a warm breakfast while waiting on legal shooting light.

Posted By: nacgoat08

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/14/19 03:41 AM

Finally an off season thread I can buy in it! I bought the 20 gauge last year and plan on sending it to Rob Roberts to have the barreled action cerakoted burn bronze and the stocked dipped in natural gear this off season. I want to pick up a 24 slot teal bag from Roger's since it cheap and easy. I also wouldn't mind getting 12-18 coot dekes (laugh if you will) and possibly 4-6 Canada floaters. Other than that, the only other thing I can think of at this time is building a hood rack for my UTV.
Posted By: Gacman

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/25/19 10:58 PM

real estate
Posted By: Gacman

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/25/19 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by garrett
i'm gonna get some new Sitka gear so I can kill more ducks, this old Drake stuff is flaring em I think

dude it's never been your gear that flared birds it's always been your face
Posted By: North Texas Slough Slingers

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 03/30/19 01:24 AM

Went to local Walmart 5-6 weeks ago close to house. They were clearing shelves for spring merchandise and had 7 mojo Mallard on shelf. I talked to manager and made a deal to buy all them. Got all them for $25 each
Just a idea to all you waterfowlers to keep an eye on February after season, some stores tend to over stock and are left with too much come spring time. You can score on some good gear cheap than regular price during winter months. Believe regular price on them is somewhat around $79.99- 85.00 at most retailers.
Last year I did same thing looking around a different location and made a deal with management and sold me 6 mojo ripplers for $7 each lol
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 04/05/19 05:13 PM

Yard work....house maintenance....honey do痴....and working too many hours at work.... bang

May try to wet a line this weekend...

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 04/13/19 12:02 AM

crap i've already bought so far
a DSD hen turkey deke
a DSD jake turkey deke
half dozen avianx GWT dekes
half dozen GHG early season BWT dekes
Shotkam
Racho Safari Gillie Jacket
RNT diablo call
made me a new duck lanyard
Posted By: Wayward287

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 04/22/19 03:02 PM

Just got 30 dozen economy silosocks so have plenty of time to assemble and paint them. Thinking about a patternmaster code black and doing some serious patterning this off season.

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 06/07/19 01:51 AM

well just placed an order for a half dozen lifetime flex float decoys. They should work really good on some of my walk in and small tanks i hunt.
Posted By: TexasDuckMan

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 06/07/19 01:55 PM

im actually selling more than Im purchasing this year....for once.....so far.

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 07/25/19 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wayward287
Just got 30 dozen economy silosocks so have plenty of time to assemble and paint them. Thinking about a patternmaster code black and doing some serious patterning this off season.

Do it! You won't be disappointed. Probably one of the wisest "investments" I've ever made when it comes to duck hunting.

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 07/25/19 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Yard work....house maintenance....honey do痴....and working too many hours at work.... bang

May try to wet a line this weekend...

Preach ^^^
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 07/29/19 12:22 PM

none.
got plenty of crap.
wanna buy some of mine?
Posted By: jnd59

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 07/30/19 02:34 AM

12 goose decoys
11 boxes of shells
10 hp motor
9 slot decoy bag
8 drawn hunt tickets
7 bubbler decoys
6 wader patches
5 Golden retriever puppies
4 plastic sleds
3 spinner decoys
2 layout blinds
And a guide to all your secret spots
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 07/31/19 06:52 PM

Well, forget the gray hair and worn out knee. You know how I know I'm now an old phart? I went and got a camper shell for my truck!

"I don't like the way they look, but they sure are practical."
- Old Guys

Re: what crap u buying this offseason - 07/31/19 08:07 PM

Getting my son some new equipment - waders, jacket, gloves, etc. Kids sure do grow! smile ani
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum