Texas Hunting Forum

One thing I like about the rain...

Posted By: Guy

One thing I like about the rain... - 12/26/18 07:33 PM

.,.is it cleans my boat. grin Other than that I hate the rain. Wait, it’s bad luck to hate the rain, I take that back!! eek2 bolt
Posted By: thecoblecrew

Re: One thing I like about the rain... - 12/27/18 03:06 AM

Have not been a fan of the rain this season. Too much making the lease saturated pretty much every time I go out. Plus too many ponds and creeks and rivers full for too many options for ducks.
With that said, I still got a pretty good 8pt with my 5yr old with me! Was great to have him with me!
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: One thing I like about the rain... - 12/27/18 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Guy
.,.is it cleans my boat. grin

And with that leak, it cleans it inside and out. bolt
Posted By: Bissett

Re: One thing I like about the rain... - 12/27/18 05:10 PM

I need rain to make my spot work. Met a few buddies out there an hour before shooting light and walked through the woods to a dried up hole. I've learned that spot is much more productive with some water in it!
Posted By: Cochise

Re: One thing I like about the rain... - 12/27/18 06:57 PM

My best years are major drought years or major flooding years. Average, a little below, and a little above water levels yield "ok" years. I need my home lake to come up another half foot to flood my oak timber hole...it's still rising...if it can make it there by Saturday morning I'll be a happy man with the cold front coming through. Otherwise I'll stick to private waters. May even give my pasture a shot - about an acre of it is under about 6-8"...haven't seen birds on it yet this year, but I thinking they'll show this weekend.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum