Texas Hunting Forum

Is there an appetite for this?

Posted By: TTT Ranch

Is there an appetite for this? - 12/17/18 09:02 PM

I’ve got a pretty good size ranch a few miles E of Throckmorton. Back in March I had a 5+ acre pond built. About half of the pond is fairly shallow (1’-4’). It has not been duck hunted but I tend to see good numbers on it. I was wondering if folks would want to potentially pay a usage fee to duck hunt it on select weekends when I will be there (this wouldn’t be a full blown lease situation). If so, what’s a fair price for weekend access per person?
Posted By: rickym

Re: Is there an appetite for this? - 12/17/18 09:47 PM

$150 or so per day/ per gun. Or you could be nice and make it $600-$1000 for the whole weekend for a group of up to 4 hunters.

Or you lease it to a small group (3-4 guys) with a guaranteed number of weekends to hunt. Price depends on number of weekends.
Posted By: BDB

Re: Is there an appetite for this? - 12/17/18 11:38 PM

I would say most people are going to want a full blown lease. Your schedule and theirs will be hard to align. At a minimum at least a monthly lease.

Re: Is there an appetite for this? - 12/18/18 01:02 AM

That’s understandable. With that being said, I don’t miss many weekends during hunting season.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Is there an appetite for this? - 12/18/18 01:07 AM

You'd get bites on it if it had ducks. I have no idea what people would pay. I'm astonished at what people pay for pond leases. I've seen several folks do what you're talking about. Just don't weekends and claim it's not hunted weekdays to rest the pond. Or do every other with same claim.

Re: Is there an appetite for this? - 12/18/18 01:21 AM

I’ll throw this out there. Two morning hunts on Dec 29th and 30th (you can come scout it out the afternoon of the 28th to get a feel of the pond. It has A LOT of flooded mesquites in the shallow areas) $600 for up to 4 hunters. That’s considerably less than what those who have PM’d me said it could bring (price is subject to change moving forward). All I ask is that the group that takes it give a an honest evaluation of the opportunity after the fact on this forum. Call me if interested. 817-733-3005.

I’ll also be there this weekend (Dec 21-23) if anyone wants to come check it out. Below is a picture of what I had dammed up.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Is there an appetite for this? - 12/18/18 01:42 AM

PM Judd tell him you’ve got greenheads a mr buddy heater and a Coleman stove
Posted By: 68A

Re: Is there an appetite for this? - 12/18/18 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by ducknbass
You'd get bites on it if it had ducks. I have no idea what people would pay. I'm astonished at what people pay for pond leases. I've seen several folks do what you're talking about. Just don't weekends and claim it's not hunted weekdays to rest the pond. Or do every other with same claim.

the people on this forum surprise me with what they pay or what they think is fair. Crazy. Oh well, it’s their money.
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Is there an appetite for this? - 12/18/18 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by rickym
$150 or so per day/ per gun. Or you could be nice and make it $600-$1000 for the whole weekend for a group of up to 4 hunters.

Or you lease it to a small group (3-4 guys) with a guaranteed number of weekends to hunt. Price depends on number of weekends.

Hadn't shot a duck all season, but before I'd pay a $150 for a day lease, I'd book a guide and have more confidence of getting on the birds.

I do like the idea of a price for the entire weekend, but you don't want the tank over hunted.

OP,

Shoot me the address. Let me hunt it the rest of the season and I'll help you price it and market it.
nuts
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum