Texas Hunting Forum

Deadly Wind

Posted By: LarryCopper

Deadly Wind - 12/13/18 04:19 AM

No, not from the Allsups chimis. Gonna be 50+ mph over the next couple of days from west to east. Be careful if you are boating.

That is all. Now get off my lawn!
Posted By: Judd

Re: Deadly Wind - 12/13/18 04:29 AM

Awe....olè LC is getting soft in his old age roflmao
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Deadly Wind - 12/13/18 05:47 AM

It was always the cold windy nights that we would get a 9-1-1 call on Hubbard because some idiots in their dingy capsized. One night in particular has made me fearful of water and drowning.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Deadly Wind - 12/13/18 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
It was always the cold windy nights that we would get a 9-1-1 call on Hubbard because some idiots in their dingy capsized. One night in particular has made me fearful of water and drowning.

I don't fear water, but I got a great respect for it, it's an extremely powerful force.
And I'd also hate to die by drowning, seems like an awful way to go, right next to being burned alive.
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Deadly Wind - 12/13/18 01:43 PM

No way I’d take a boat in that. It’s bad enough in open water when it’s 20-25 mph
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Deadly Wind - 12/13/18 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
Awe....olè LC is getting soft in his old age roflmao

I've been on a three day duck bender. Half sick (or more), but the season is short so I powered through. Slap happy from lack of sleep and maybe a Shiner or four.

Thanks to beaverwipe I did find me a super secret mallard hole and I was throwing everyone off the scent. ninja

Or maybe I am getting old. I do hate when those stories pop up about folks drowning. A lot can go wrong. Lose power, come down off a 3' swell into a stump, etc. I know I've had a few close calls and I'm relatively careful.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Deadly Wind - 12/13/18 02:40 PM

Im glad it worked out for you.
Pretty good ring hunt this am too.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Deadly Wind - 12/13/18 03:15 PM

If you are on the water in 50+ mph winds at least your genes will be removed from the pool. Darwin has an award for you.
Posted By: Exbellicus

Re: Deadly Wind - 12/13/18 03:22 PM

Forecast is keeping me home today and tomorrow too...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum