Texas Hunting Forum

New Law

Posted By: HVILLE HNTR

New Law - 11/17/18 02:09 AM

Ok so its proposed new law but another post got me thinking....What if the law was that hunters caught hunting within 200 yards of each other on public land would be fined. Both sets of hunters regardless of who got there first. I bet a lot the nonsense l read about on here year after year would end. Thoughts?
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: New Law - 11/17/18 02:42 AM

avoid public $50 duck hunts
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: New Law - 11/17/18 03:00 AM

People would still be stupid, but not only will the guy who got there early get their hunt ruined, they’d also get a ticket for something that wasn’t their fault.
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: New Law - 11/17/18 02:51 PM

put some miles on the boots and get way back in the thick stuff where the average hunter isn't going to put the effort into getting to and you shouldn't have to deal with many people. or set up in the easy to get to spots and start a new thread when it happens again... yawn
Posted By: Judd

Re: New Law - 11/17/18 05:41 PM

As a true conservative I'm all about smaller government versus more BS laws that either aren't enforced or can't be.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: New Law - 11/17/18 11:40 PM

Yeah, I’m not leaving to avoid a ticket when I got there first. Terrible suggestion.

We don’t need more laws. You can’t legislate common sense. People need to learn to act properly, but I’m not seeing it being this big of an issue. It happens to me almost every time I hunt public and it sucks, but we don’t need more laws in general, and we don’t need a law for this. Plus, 201 yards is just as bad as 200, but that would be legal in your scenario. I also don’t see a good way of measuring 200 yards reliably.
Posted By: Gulfgoose

Re: New Law - 11/19/18 02:50 PM

The last thing we need is more laws. A talking to and education is what is needed. Not a fine because I got up at 3 a.m. and got to my spot for some jack leg to roll in 5 min before LST and set up 199 yards away from me.
Posted By: SpoonieGod

Re: New Law - 11/19/18 08:58 PM

That new law will be a no from me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum