Texas Hunting Forum

Motion decoys

Posted By: pdt818

Motion decoys - 10/23/18 03:36 PM

Looking to try out some new motion decoys this year outside of a jerk rig. Not a fan of spinners except for teal season. Anyone use the Higdon swimmers or the Higdon Splasher Floater?
Posted By: Nitro27

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 04:47 PM

I have a pulsator xs and i like it. it doesn't make a ripple like jerk cord but a lot less of a hassle.

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Nitro27
I have a pulsator xs and i like it. it doesn't make a ripple like jerk cord but a lot less of a hassle.

Do you ever find that you have birds flaring from it when they start to get closer and it goes off?
Posted By: RayB

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 05:18 PM

Take a look at these www.duckcreekdecoys.com
Also on spinners I read if they are flaring the in comers place them away from the blind
Let us know if it works
Posted By: PoppinPiggies

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 05:23 PM

Try the wonder duck it's awesome! Its motion also provides ripples to give other decoys in your spread movement.
Posted By: cannon88

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 05:35 PM

These are my favorites

http://www.therealdecoy.com/

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: cannon88
These are my favorites

http://www.therealdecoy.com/

I have a rippler and the first gen swimmer. The problem with the first gen is that it didn't come with a weed guard and you get all sorts of crap tangled up on the prop shaft so it stops swimming.

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: RayB
Take a look at these www.duckcreekdecoys.com
Also on spinners I read if they are flaring the in comers place them away from the blind
Let us know if it works

Interesting design, but a tad outta my price range.
Posted By: cannon88

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: pdt818
I have a rippler and the first gen swimmer. The problem with the first gen is that it didn't come with a weed guard and you get all sorts of crap tangled up on the prop shaft so it stops swimming.

I have heard that, but I have not had that problem. I also dont put the swimmers in the weeds, lol. But, I do know that if you email them, they will send you a weed guard. They all have removable guards now. I have 6 or 7 swimmers and about the same on the flutters. I usually put out 3-4 flutters and 2 swimmers out in my mix. They add a great bit of motion.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 06:29 PM

Recently saw where a guy took one of those kid's toys that jump around vibrate and cut a hatch in the back of an old decoy and put it inside. Worked awesome for about $10
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: BradyBuck
Recently saw where a guy took one of those kid's toys that jump around vibrate and cut a hatch in the back of an old decoy and put it inside. Worked awesome for about $10

weasel ball
Posted By: Gacman

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: BuckRage
Originally Posted By: BradyBuck

weasel ball

I've tried that and just about everything else. My weasel ball deke worked alright for a few years.
Posted By: texas wetlands

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 08:28 PM

Higdon Pulsator or Kickers We added the kickers last year and adding a few more this year.
Posted By: Nitro27

Re: Motion decoys - 10/23/18 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: pdt818
Originally Posted By: Nitro27

Do you ever find that you have birds flaring from it when they start to get closer and it goes off?

at times some days it is great other days birds don't like it. With all motion decoys not right for every situation.
Posted By: Deputy T

Re: Motion decoys - 10/26/18 01:23 AM

Try looking into soabhunting.com and it's called the imitator. This will be my second season running this motion decoy and I am thoroughly impressed.
Posted By: shalor

Re: Motion decoys - 10/26/18 01:02 PM

I have 2 Higdon pulsators which I really like...But after following this thread I ordered a swimmer from real decoy. We will see how it works. I also have a Higdon XS swimmer, I like it, but not as much motion and water motion as I expected. Will report back on the real decoy.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Motion decoys - 10/26/18 02:32 PM

I just built two out of a couple old decoys using the bumble ball from Walmart.

They look like they might work really well.

$6 for one at Walmart
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum