Texas Hunting Forum

Lead shot around water

Posted By: Ramball36

Lead shot around water - 09/04/18 12:34 PM

Legal or not? Post the link to back up your opinion
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Lead shot around water - 09/04/18 12:48 PM

I don't have a link but if it were illegal the GW's would have a field day with Dove hunters hunting around water, it's legal.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Lead shot around water - 09/04/18 12:50 PM

Depends what you are hunting... illegal for any waterfowl.

I image that do it that way so dove hunters don’t have to worry.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Lead shot around water - 09/04/18 12:55 PM

There is no law in the state of Texas that restricts using lead shot on dove, even over water. Only limit is on “waterfowl” and TPWD follows the federal law and does not have any additional restrictions.

I don’t have a link because there isn’t one that will take you to a site that will show you a non-existing law grin
Posted By: woodduckhunter

Re: Lead shot around water - 09/04/18 01:00 PM

our opinions are irrelevant, but it is perfectly legal to shoot lead shells directly into water, just not at ducks and geese. you can even legally shoot snipe with lead shot on the same impoundments that you duck hunt on...on the same day even. To me, kinda one of those topics to leave alone unless you like the idea of non toxic shot for everything...and steel sucks, and the good stuff cost too much.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Lead shot around water - 09/04/18 01:37 PM

Yeah, what they all said. No link to be found as one doesn't exist but 100% legal depending on game like dove.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Lead shot around water - 09/04/18 01:48 PM

Lead shot is legal to kill anything anywhere except waterfowl. Always find it interesting that I can hunt dove or Sandhills in the same field I hunt geese in with lead.

I ain't getting a link. You can find it if you want you lazy good for nothing welder.
Posted By: thomas_z71

Re: Lead shot around water - 09/04/18 02:19 PM

Legal unless specified in the local rules.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Lead shot around water - 09/04/18 02:43 PM

Looks like lunch isn’t on me today.

EAD Jeremy
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Lead shot around water - 09/04/18 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: ducknbass
Lead shot is legal to kill anything anywhere except waterfowl. Always find it interesting that I can hunt dove or Sandhills in the same field I hunt geese in with lead.

I ain't getting a link. You can find it if you want you lazy good for nothing welder.
roflmao roflmao roflmao

Originally Posted By: Ramball36

EAD Jeremy
roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Lead shot around water - 09/04/18 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Ramball36

EAD Jeremy

Everyone admires dude
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Lead shot around water - 09/04/18 11:49 PM

Pretty sure that there are areas on state leased lands along the coast where it calls for non-toxic shot even when hunting doves.
Posted By: bentman

Re: Lead shot around water - 09/05/18 05:22 PM

Same old tired @@@ subjects every year
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum