Texas Hunting Forum

Osceola Machine duck pits

Posted By: Teamjefe

Osceola Machine duck pits - 01/31/18 05:02 PM

Does anyone have a review on these pits? The price is attractive but other than that I know nothing

Thanks!
Posted By: Gladesgator

Re: Osceola Machine duck pits - 02/01/18 11:40 PM

I have one of their small pits here in TX and have hunted out of their bigger pits in AR.

They make a good pit, they have lots of options available and have some good pricing when on sale.
Posted By: TXteal

Re: Osceola Machine duck pits - 02/02/18 02:26 PM

Great pit blind. I've hunted out of them up in NW LA by Monroe. Built to last and the price is right.
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Osceola Machine duck pits - 02/03/18 11:14 PM

I have bought many sled blinds from them. I am Magine their pits are high-quality as well and great people if it’s not right make it right
Posted By: jrock75

Re: Osceola Machine duck pits - 02/05/18 08:19 PM

I bought a couple of 16' pits from them this past year. Best deal for the money I found. Not a luxury pit like you can get from Quirk's or Concealed Comfort, but all in all a good quality pit especially for the money. For comparison, to step up to Quirks or Concealed Comfort costs 3-5x as much. I was putting these pits in spots I wasn't 100% sure of. If I had been replacing the "best blinds" on the property I would have splurged for the nicer pit. Only complaint is that I would pay to have Osceola repaint the pits with a better quality, epoxy paint if I bought another one. The primer and paint they used was flaking off the day it was delivered. I repainted them myself but would have been nice to have it come from the factory like that. 16' pieces of steel + 2 dog boxes are a pain to maneuver around.
Posted By: texas wetlands

Re: Osceola Machine duck pits - 02/05/18 08:51 PM

Like it was stated above I'm sure the Osceola pits are great pits and well worth the money however I have a several pits and one being a concealed comfort. It was put in one of our go to spots that we actually own and has been the best pit I've ever hunted out of. From bad weather days to those days when you have to stay awhile these pits are super nice, especially when your cooking breakfast in them. Concealed Comforts are more pricey but if you ever plan on taking the young kiddos out than this is the pit.

Not sure I would install one on lease property. It takes a lot of work to get them placed right and can't imagine taking it out.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum