Texas Hunting Forum

Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning.

Posted By: Danno

Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 04:53 PM

2 man limit
16 degrees.
Broke ice to make a 20' x 40' hole
12 decoys on edge.
3 motion swimmers.
Done by 7:10
Had over 200 birds try to land in the hole.
Back in the office by 7:52 (Sticking it to the man.)
Epic comes to mind.

Posted By: Chris42

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 04:54 PM

awesome pictures.
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 06:33 PM

Excellent! Where we hunt we're standing in the water. I would freeze solid in the 10 minutes of shooting.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 08:16 PM

The dog looks pissed it was over so quick wink Awesome picture of the dog!
Posted By: Inky Doc

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 08:19 PM

We hunted down around Eagle Lake and saw ZERO ducks just a mile from where we saw hundreds on Monday.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 08:44 PM

7:10? LST is 7:10
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: BradyBuck

bolt peep

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 09:02 PM

Ya got me, I was actually done in 9 min. but didn't want to come off as a pretentious braggart so I rounded up.

But seriously, it depends where you are hunting right?

Dang it, I could have been shooting earlier!

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Judd
The dog looks pissed it was over so quick wink Awesome picture of the dog!

She was. LOL
Posted By: Guy

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Danno

Yeah BradyBuck you big dummy.
Posted By: txbowhunt7

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 09:32 PM

Maybe for you it's 7:10 since you're out west. It was 6:51 for me this morning.

Just bc your shooting time is X doesn't mean it's that way for the entire state

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 09:39 PM

Nevermind BradyBuck, he slept thru 5th grade science. roflmao
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 10:26 PM

Pretty sweet start to the day. Good job.
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 10:30 PM

That is a great hunt! Had some fast ones in the ice over the years.

But... I fail to see how getting to the office before 8 AM is sticking it to the man?!?!?! confused2

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryCopper

But... I fail to see how getting to the office before 8 AM is sticking it to the man?!?!?! confused2

Well, it actually feels like I stole something by sneaking in a hunt before work. But I get your point. Was probably the lingering effects of lack of blood to brain. loco
Posted By: Stub

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/17/18 11:41 PM

Gotter dun B4 work awesome, great picture of your pup cheers

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/18/18 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Guy

Yeah BradyBuck you big dummy.

Haha....wait, what? Are you serious right now?

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/18/18 12:40 AM

Nevermind BradyBuck, he slept thru 5th grade science. roflmao

Funny thing is I used to teach high school science....used to
Posted By: nocknload

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/18/18 01:25 AM

Beautiful lab
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/18/18 04:42 PM

Well, it actually feels like I stole something by sneaking in a hunt before work. But I get your point. Was probably the lingering effects of lack of blood to brain. loco

That’s how it feels when I get a hunt in before work, too.

Nice job. I’d frame that second picture of your dog.
Posted By: SAS46

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/18/18 05:18 PM

Awesome picture of the dog!!! Great Hunt...
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/18/18 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

That’s how it feels when I get a hunt in before work, too.

Nice job. I’d frame that second picture of your dog.

From my perspective, stickin' it to the man would mean sneakin' into work a couple hours late. Not that I would ever do such a thing... like today... maybe. whistle

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/18/18 06:16 PM

Duck hunted with a guy once, I’m shooting the BS when he puts his hand over his phone and says “Shhhhh, I’m in a meeting.”
Posted By: cannon88

Re: Not as young as I used to be. Lasting 10 minutes was a struggle this morning. - 01/18/18 06:59 PM

Duck hunted with a guy once, I’m shooting the BS when he puts his hand over his phone and says “Shhhhh, I’m in a meeting.”

Lol. I did a phone interview while dove hunting once. I shot a few times during it as well. Didn't get the gig. Haha
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum