Texas Hunting Forum

Roger's waders?

Posted By: Jacob645

Roger's waders? - 12/10/17 03:19 AM

Any input on the durability of these? Thinking about buying some for myself for Christmas.
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/10/17 04:44 AM

My son and I both have two different pairs of them. They are probably the best value in waders out there.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/10/17 04:47 AM

I'm on my third season with mine. I really like them.
Posted By: Jacob645

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/10/17 05:01 AM

Do you guys have the Toughman neoprene waders?
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/10/17 05:23 AM

Frogg toggs makes them.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/10/17 05:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Jacob645

Yes
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/10/17 02:09 PM

I bought some before the Wyoming season started in September and have been using them every day since. They're great so far
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/10/17 04:13 PM

I have the breathables and they are great. My only complaint is the back loop for the belt is too high for my build. I just don't use it.
Posted By: TXhuntfish96

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/10/17 09:23 PM

I've got 3 pairs of them.. breathable, 3.5mm and 5mm. Two of my hunting buddies also have a pair. We all really like em.
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/10/17 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Jacob645

Yes. Toughman 5.0, 3.5 and I have The breathable waders.
Posted By: Nitro27

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/11/17 02:55 PM

They are good ,but with the Cabelas lifetime warranty it is hard to buy anywhere else.
Posted By: yakinthebox

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/11/17 03:59 PM

I'm on my second pair. The first started leaking on the boot and they replaced them through warranty. Now the other pair I just discovered a leak in the crotch in 30 degree temps. I'm probably going to finish out the season with these but I think my next pair will be the Cabelas with the lifetime warranty. Too much money to be replacing every 2 seasons.

I will say they keep me pretty warm and they look great and have nice features. I just question the durability.
Posted By: Merican Duck Hunter

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/11/17 04:04 PM

Love mine
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/11/17 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Nitro27
They are good ,but with the Cabelas lifetime warranty it is hard to buy anywhere else.

Cabelas warranty is a bunch of crap. My waders leaked the day after I bought them and they refused to return them with box and receipt because they were dirty and "used". They offered to give me 50% credit in exchange for the same exact pair.
Posted By: BDB

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/11/17 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Erichugh22

Cabelas warranty is a bunch of crap. My waders leaked the day after I bought them and they refused to return them with box and receipt because they were dirty and "used". They offered to give me 50% credit in exchange for the same exact pair.

I guess its all relative. cabbalas has replaced 5 sets of waders the last 2 years for me at no charge. I just got a new shotgun (Beretta A400) to replace my Lemmon SBE2....a great gun by most accounts. There are always going to be someone who has a bad experience with what is otherwise a great product/company.

Sucks but thats life.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/11/17 07:09 PM

Yeah I have hear a lot of bad things about those SBE2's
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/11/17 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: BDB
Originally Posted By: Erichugh22

I guess its all relative. cabbalas has replaced 5 sets of waders the last 2 years for me at no charge. I just got a new shotgun (Beretta A400) to replace my Lemmon SBE2....a great gun by most accounts. There are always going to be someone who has a bad experience with what is otherwise a great product/company.

Sucks but thats life.

Cabela's also has some now that are explicitly labelled with a lifetime warranty, not just bring them back and hope.
Posted By: Moe #2

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/12/17 04:25 AM

Cabelas in Allen explained to me that lifetime warranty was different for each product. So lifetime warranty ment the life of that product. So have longer life expectancy than others. And my waders life expectancy was 2 yrs. They refused to exchange my waders that were on there 3rd season. That was one manager. Came back again same waders and they replaced them. So you may need to go through a hassle with cabelas.
Posted By: uplandhunter

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/12/17 10:10 PM

If you want to try the absolute BEST waders money can buy
check out the Gator Waders. The construction is unmatched
and their durability, warmth, and comfort is amazing. DO yourself
a favor and try them

www.gatorwaders.com
Posted By: Streater

Re: Roger's waders? - 12/18/17 05:12 PM

r

They are warranted as long as they still sell that model. I tried to get some 4 year old breathable convertable waders replaced but was denied. It was a manager at the Allen store that told me this. Still love the waders. They’re just looking janky looking with all the bike tube patches, ten gallons of aqua seal and neoprene gravel guards patching the seams in both boots. I love them and will buy from Cabelas again when these fall apart. I’ll read the fine print this time.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum