Texas Hunting Forum

Buck Creek area this weekend

Posted By: Buda13

Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 04:54 PM

Afternoon all... fishing Buck Creek end of Ray Roberts this weekend, don't want to interfere with any folks out there duck hunting. What time do yall typically head in from the morning hunt?
Posted By: cactusflyr

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 04:58 PM

Wow....sounds like fishing to me. I assure you....earlier than you.
Posted By: kdub

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 05:08 PM

There's so many ducks up buck creek most will have a limit by 7:30. bolt

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 05:10 PM

but aph book says shooting ends hours end at noon.

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: cactusflyr

That's pretty funny...I've never duck hunted a day in my life, I'm trying to be respectful and not interfere with anyone. Believe it or not there are decent folks out there that care about their fellow man. up Hope all yall have great hunts this weekend, and that the bass eat!
Posted By: Duck Buster

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 05:45 PM

THANK YOU for the courtesy to ask.

With that said, if you aren't in there fishing, someone else may be. So it could be a moot point. Its a public lake, we only live once, and only have so much time to spend in the outdoors, so go fishing when you can. If you see hunters, please just give them their space.

I don't hunt that area anymore (I live in Alaska now), but from experience most hunters pick up between 9 and 10:30. Some will stay til noon, but very few.

Good luck fishing.
Posted By: LTC Realty

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 05:46 PM

when you launch the boat, go west under the bridge, if you go up about .5 mile on the left side you'll see an island. I will be duck hunting on the back side of that island. I hunted there every weekend of the first split and only feel short of my limit once. Usually picking up by 8am. typically all mallards with a wigeon or teal kicker.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: kdub
There's so many ducks up buck creek most will have a limit by 7:30. bolt

Yep, I took this pic today at BC.

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 05:54 PM

Thank you gents. cheers Probably wont launch until 9 and wont head to Pierce or Pilot point creeks till after 10.
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Young Gun 12
when you launch the boat, go west under the bridge, if you go up about .5 mile on the left side you'll see an island. I will be duck hunting on the back side of that island. I hunted there every weekend of the first split and only feel short of my limit once. Usually picking up by 8am. typically all mallards with a wigeon or teal kicker.

Just gonna leave this right here...
http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth...ing#Post4787703

stir
Posted By: RockDocJoe

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryCopper

stir

roflmao
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 08:09 PM

Oh great. Now every fisherman in Texas is going to be fishing buck creek this weekend. eek2
Posted By: WreakinHavoc

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 08:58 PM

stir

roflmao
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 09:30 PM

Ray Bob is loaded.
Allen daarheen!

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Oh great. Now every fisherman in Texas is going to be fishing buck creek this weekend. eek2

f.b. says it's on fire in 25 fow bolt
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 10:00 PM

Oh Well, was a good run while it lasted. Won't be able to take hero pictures on the ramp anymore with all those bass boats lined up to use it. hammer

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Buda13
Originally Posted By: cactusflyr

That's pretty funny...I've never duck hunted a day in my life, I'm trying to be respectful and not interfere with anyone. Believe it or not there are decent folks out there that care about their fellow man. up Hope all yall have great hunts this weekend, and that the bass eat!

It was meant to be....not one of those guys. Enjoy your day.

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/01/17 11:52 PM

Fwiw...I suck at fall bass fishing. Stick to the whites and stripers.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/02/17 01:06 AM

Saw bunches of hunters at the ramps at 6pm already.
Good luck, stay safe
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Buck Creek area this weekend - 12/02/17 01:09 AM

stir

Perfect
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum