Texas Hunting Forum

Sunday evening and Monday morning coastal swat w/RFGS amd first timers

Posted By: TxDuck24

Sunday evening and Monday morning coastal swat w/RFGS amd first timers - 11/21/17 02:49 PM

At 3:30 AM Sunday morning capt. Brandon Currie and myself woke up staring at whitecaps in the inter coastal and 35mph winds. We make a schedule change and decided it was best to push our hunt back to the evening and the following morning considering we had a few first timers in our group.

The winds let up and after a few minor adjustments we had them boys killing ducks before shooting light let out.

Monday morning was a different story weather wise. Winds had calmed down a lot and we had a strong game plan going into a small backwater pond that had been holding a few birds. We ended the morning with redheads, Pintails, teal, gadwalls, buffleheads amd bluebills.

We have birds arriving daily and it’s already shaping up to be a outstanding season.

Posted By: wal1809

Re: Sunday evening and Monday morning coastal swat w/RFGS amd first timers - 11/23/17 02:30 AM

I'll be bringing ducktoon down Friday. You going to be around? Depending on the wind I'll be anywhere from BlackBerry to lighthouse. Hollar at me capt.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum