Texas Hunting Forum

Sandhill Crane Hunt

Posted By: oldstyle244

Sandhill Crane Hunt - 10/25/17 03:43 PM

We have a deer lease around lake Stamford and thinking of going on a sandhill crane hunt this year, we wouldn't need accommodations if we stay near the deer lease, would be 2 hunters (maybe more but 2 for sure) probably want to do it in December. Anyone you recommend in that area?
Posted By: Nerd Guy

Re: Sandhill Crane Hunt - 10/25/17 04:04 PM

I did one with muddy water last year near wichita falls and had a blast. Hopefully I can get time and go again this year.
Posted By: noname124398

Re: Sandhill Crane Hunt - 10/25/17 04:05 PM

Ranger Creek Goose in Haskell. ~20 min from Stamford. I've gone with them a few times and killed limits with groups as big as 10 people. Most of the guys are pro-staffers with various big name call companies and one of the guys is actually a photographer for RNT and Tanglefree. Cool group of guys.
Posted By: noname124398

Re: Sandhill Crane Hunt - 10/25/17 04:09 PM

I will say with Ranger Creek, however, that they follow the birds and sometimes you may not be in Haskell. We've hunted in Haskell all but one time when they told us there were no birds in the area and we ended up out in the Lubbock area. But to me that shows they truly care about making it a good hunt and not just getting a check.
Posted By: oldstyle244

Re: Sandhill Crane Hunt - 10/25/17 08:35 PM

Thanks, I just sent them an email. Hey, I would rather they be honest and move me somewhere to get on birds than just say "that's hunting" and put us somewhere where they know the hunt wont be that good.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum