Texas Hunting Forum

Tara in training...

Posted By: Guy

Tara in training... - 10/22/17 08:34 PM

Yesterday's training session. 3 marks, and teaching her do "place" on her dog stand. Each mark is further and further. The last (3rd one), using this guy...

[Linked Image]

First retrieves, she drops it, that's a no no. Second retrieve note I test her with other names, "Jack", "Fred", "Tara". Last retrieve,a long one, I drag her in the boat, she does not drop it, I even tab on bumper to test her. We finished force fetch in August... Hope to get thru t-work before season starts.

Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Tara in training... - 10/23/17 01:23 AM

That's very nice! Good job with her! cheers
Posted By: Judd

Re: Tara in training... - 10/23/17 02:45 AM

She's looking good.
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Tara in training... - 10/23/17 03:41 PM

She got a lot of drive! up
Posted By: Judd

Re: Tara in training... - 10/23/17 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryCopper
She got a lot of drive! up

I thought the same thing. I like how she blasts to that dog stand. Mine used to be like that, she's getting old and she's takes the Old Bull versus Young Bull approach to things. Makes me a little sad knowing that the time with her is dwindling...I think she's 8 now. But she still gets flat wound up until you get that first bird on the water for her. The mind wants to go like Tara but the body is on Oakley time now wink
Posted By: Guy

Re: Tara in training... - 10/23/17 10:18 PM

Thanks guys. I tell ya, she is crazy over birds, see this video. I was in the house watching TV, and Tara looking in back yard, hair up on her back, and growling! I look in back yard and see nothing, but shes barking and growling like crazy. I thought maybe there was a robber in my back yard hiding in the bushes! eek2 So I let Tara out to go attack it, she ran out there, barking and all, but I still could not see what she was barking at! It took me a while to figure out what the heck she was barking at!!

Posted By: Trophytaker3

Re: Tara in training... - 10/23/17 11:07 PM

Looks like she's gonna make a great hunting partner!
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Tara in training... - 10/24/17 01:41 AM

Man, that was fun to watch. She's going to do great this season.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Tara in training... - 10/24/17 02:26 AM

Nice work
She is coming a long in a hurry. She is a lot better behaved than I thought she would be at this point. All business. Good job
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Tara in training... - 10/24/17 02:27 AM

She blends right in too
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Tara in training... - 10/24/17 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Guy
Thanks guys. I tell ya, she is crazy over birds, see this video. I was in the house watching TV, and Tara looking in back yard, hair up on her back, and growling! I look in back yard and see nothing, but shes barking and growling like crazy. I thought maybe there was a robber in my back yard hiding in the bushes! eek2 So I let Tara out to go attack it, she ran out there, barking and all, but I still could not see what she was barking at! It took me a while to figure out what the heck she was barking at!!

That's awesome. I bet she could do some damage to those houses with Halloween decorations everywhere. Ours barks at the inflatable cats on walks.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Tara in training... - 10/24/17 11:22 AM

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: 68A

Re: Tara in training... - 10/24/17 11:52 AM

She's sharp. Well done.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum