Texas Hunting Forum

TPWD sending out survey allready?

Posted By: hetman

TPWD sending out survey allready? - 09/12/17 12:54 PM

Told them it pretty much sucked

Dear Sportsman:

In order for Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to provide the best possible management of our wildlife resources, we need to determine dove harvest in Texas during the first two weekends of September. To obtain this information, we need your help. Please take this short survey to help ensure sound and practical game bird management programs for the future. With your support these and other wildlife resources in the state will continue to prosper.

It is essential that you reply, even if you did not hunt or kill any dove during the first two weekends of September. Knowing that you did not hunt, or hunted and were unsuccessful, is just as important as knowing what you may have harvested.
Take the Survey
Posted By: syncerus

Re: TPWD sending out survey allready? - 09/12/17 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: hetman
Told them it pretty much sucked

That summarizes my experience.
Posted By: AdanV

Re: TPWD sending out survey allready? - 09/14/17 03:15 PM

Even if we didn't see anything (and I haven't as well in the past 2 hunts), it gives good data to show if we're getting our money's worth when we lease the property from the landowner.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: TPWD sending out survey allready? - 09/15/17 03:56 AM

So they are going to start controlling the weather or something? Bring back the drought then so we can concentrate the birds. bolt

Did you buy a public hunting permit?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: TPWD sending out survey allready? - 09/15/17 02:45 PM

at least they give a crud about what's going on "out here"
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: TPWD sending out survey allready? - 09/15/17 02:56 PM

What I thought was weird is they asked about Sept 2 vs Sept 1.
Posted By: AdanV

Re: TPWD sending out survey allready? - 09/15/17 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Herbie Hancock
What I thought was weird is they asked about Sept 2 vs Sept 1.

I'm not surprised.
The first 3 days of the season is when everyone and their 2nd Aunt Bertha is on the field.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum