Texas Hunting Forum

HIs Waders Came In

Posted By: Creek2Creek

HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 03:06 PM

Came home last night to both of my boys on the porch blowing their duck calls. My oldest boys waders arrived and he now knows he gets to go hunting this Saturday! He's been plenty of times, but it is usually out of a blind or in a picked field. I can remember being 8 and getting excited like that. I can also remember being 5 like my youngest and being ticked that I couldn't go! Here is a few pics of them.

Now the fun begins!
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 03:18 PM

Awesome!

Where did you get them? I've been contemplating getting my oldest daughter age 6 some waders but they grow so fast I'd probably have to buy a new pair every season or every other season for sure.

End of last season...I had pull her out of the mud several times and she wanted so bad to help set out dekes and walk in the water.

Posted By: garrett

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 03:23 PM

very nice creek
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 04:12 PM

Good times there for sure. You're doing it right creek

My favorite pics of hunts always involve the kiddos.

I crack up every time I look at her in her pajama pants holding that crane by the neck. She was really excited that her and the bird were the same height.

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 04:40 PM

Herters brand from cabelas for 39.99...
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 04:43 PM

Good deal! up
Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 04:49 PM

That's awesome, I love seeing kiddos being introduced to something good. My twin boys are just 3 but they have their own duck calls and love to play with mine. I look forward to being able to get them out in a few years. I don't care for boat blinds as I prefer my canoe or kayak, but have been thinking it may be the way to go for getting mine out on the lake so they can sit in a dry area until they are old enough for waders.

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Spacemonkey
That's awesome, I love seeing kiddos being introduced to something good. My twin boys are just 3 but they have their own duck calls and love to play with mine. I look forward to being able to get them out in a few years. I don't care for boat blinds as I prefer my canoe or kayak, but have been thinking it may be the way to go for getting mine out on the lake so they can sit in a dry area until they are old enough for waders.

That's one of the things I run into. A lot of the places I hunt are tough walks or through deep mud and water, just not fun or safe for the kids. Have a few honey holes that are private that I save just for them. Easy access, easy shooting,= happy kids..

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
Good times there for sure. You're doing it right creek

My favorite pics of hunts always involve the kiddos.

I crack up every time I look at her in her pajama pants holding that crane by the neck. She was really excited that her and the bird were the same height.

My part of the hunt is coming up to show the boys. My oldest wouldn't eat anything unless we told it was duck until he was about 5 or so. lol

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 07:23 PM

That's one of the things I run into. A lot of the places I hunt are tough walks or through deep mud and water, just not fun or safe for the kids. Have a few honey holes that are private that I save just for them. Easy access, easy shooting,= happy kids..

This was two years ago. Started seeing birds in this field and thought it would be perfect for him. Let him drive the utv, he picked the decoys out he wanted to take and he put them out, and he was the bird dog! lol Had a blast and I sat back, drank coffee, took pictures, and scratched out a few.

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 07:29 PM

Very nice.

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 07:47 PM

Yeah same here. Most all my spots are difficult with kids due to mud or water. What's knee deep to me is nearly waist for them
Posted By: texassippi

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 07:54 PM

You guys just take your kids so you can shoot their limit also. peep

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: texassippi

Now that's funny! This year I may help him a little.

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 08:02 PM

I don't even let them out of the truck, leave them with the iPad and shoot all the birds. Then put them in camo, sometimes even face paint just for pics of "our" limits to post to Facebook.... woot

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Creek2Creek

Now that's funny! This year I may help him a little.

I don't even let them out of the truck, leave them with the iPad and shoot all the birds. Then put them in camo, sometimes even face paint just for pics of "our" limits to post to Facebook.... woot

Nothing wrong with that. I'm guessing every few birds that fall yall high five them and tell them good shot. I wouldn't know though. bolt

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 10:50 PM

Haha that's funny! I look forward to seeing them get their first birds. I just got a 1975 14 foot vhull with a 25 hp evinrude made in 79 with barely any use. As soon as I get the lower unit and carb overhauled I'm going to start getting them out in it to get them used to the boat. They love the canoe so I think it won't be a problem. Hopefully by next year I'll be able to take them out on warmer days for a hunt. Even if it's only a few hrs.

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 10:53 PM

Haha that's funny! I look forward to seeing them get their first birds. I just got a 1975 14 foot vhull with a 25 hp evinrude made in 79 with barely any use. As soon as I get the lower unit and carb overhauled I'm going to start getting them out in it to get them used to the boat. They love the canoe so I think it won't be a problem. Hopefully by next year I'll be able to take them out on warmer days for a hunt. Even if it's only a few hrs.

There ya go!

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 11:30 PM

Good deal. I'm sure the youngsters will enjoy it.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/17/15 11:52 PM

That's the only reason I had kids.

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 12:20 AM

Good deal. I'm sure the youngsters will enjoy it.

Yeah I really have no doubt they will

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 12:38 AM

Dang it! Supposed to be 38 Saturday morning. Debating if it's to cold for an 8 year old to stand next to a tree in the water. Thoughts?

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 12:41 AM

I let mine tell me when it's time to go. I don't push it, if they aren't having fun we're packing up. Dress him warm and watch him, them little dudes are tough and will try to hang to impress dad. Good luck

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 01:04 AM

Maybe get you one of those portable Coleman propane heaters to hang from the tree for him! I'd still try and just hang it up early if he is too miserable. Like was said. I wouldn't push it if he isn't having fun. Might set the tone for a while

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 01:20 AM

Dang it! Supposed to be 38 Saturday morning. Debating if it's to cold for an 8 year old to stand next to a tree in the water. Thoughts?

Can you put him on a dog stand?

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 01:32 AM

Another thought! Hand and foot Warmers

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 01:53 AM

That's a good idea right there. You'll double your hunting time if you can keep him warm and dry.

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 02:40 AM

That's a good idea right there. You'll double your hunting time if you can keep him warm and dry.

Great idea! I'll try that

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 02:51 AM

Great idea! I'll try that

Depending on how high you set it, he should be able to sit on it and still keep his feet out of the water therefore keeping his feet warm. How deep is the water y'all are hunting in?

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 02:56 AM

12-18"

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 02:58 AM

12-18"

Dog stand will be perfect. You will be able to set it high enough out of the water where he can sit on it and still keep his feet out of it and warm. Let us know how it works out for y'all.

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 03:17 AM

Definitely will
Posted By: J Loves Huntin

Re: HIs Waders Came In - 11/18/15 06:10 AM

awesome family time!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum