Texas Hunting Forum

Great weekend for the youth group!!

Posted By: Txcatman1

Great weekend for the youth group!! - 11/16/15 02:32 PM

We had a youth football team and their brothers and dads come down for a 3 day duck hunt with us and these boys smoked em!! Boys were from 7 to 13 and every boy that hadn't shot a bird shot their first ducks this weekend. The main focus of the hunts wasn't to get full straps but to get the boys nice easy shots and work the birds for the best oppurtunity for the boys. We worked hard every day to make em work right and let the boys bang away. These are my favorite types of hunts to guide because it reminds of some of my first hunting experiences with my dad as well. Seeing the enjoyement and excitement in those boys after a group of 100 redheads worked the decoys and land in their faces and them being the only ones that were shooting and seeing birds fall was priceless. That's the kind of feeling that keeps bringing you back to the woods. Over the 3 days we had 128 ducks and a speck. Happy hunting folks

Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Great weekend for the youth group!! - 11/16/15 02:35 PM

Heck yeah, nice work
Posted By: J Loves Huntin

Re: Great weekend for the youth group!! - 11/16/15 03:38 PM

awesome!!!! fun times!
Posted By: Judd

Re: Great weekend for the youth group!! - 11/16/15 04:44 PM

Now that is a perfect example of one man's trash is another man's treasure. That's a pile of trash but to those boys and everyone associated with that hunt that's a pile of gold. grin

Looks like you had an awesome time and congrats on exposing so many kids to the sport, that's awesome!
Posted By: Creek2Creek

Re: Great weekend for the youth group!! - 11/16/15 04:47 PM

They'll never forget it!
Posted By: DCtheRev

Re: Great weekend for the youth group!! - 11/16/15 04:51 PM

Great job Cat!! love seeing those smiling faces.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Great weekend for the youth group!! - 11/16/15 06:24 PM

Nice hunts.

I now know why Judd doesn't post any pics.
Posted By: garrett

Re: Great weekend for the youth group!! - 11/16/15 07:05 PM

nice speck...and great hunts
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Great weekend for the youth group!! - 11/17/15 04:47 AM

Awesome
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: Great weekend for the youth group!! - 11/17/15 05:41 AM

congrats looks like they had fun
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum