Texas Hunting Forum

wader repair

Posted By: Erichugh22

wader repair - 11/13/15 09:19 PM

A mouse found my waders in the shed between teal season and opening weekend. Opening day I got a nice wet leg. I found his nest of grass and papers in my boot but didn't really pay attention to it that morning when I went to put them on. After further inspection I found two holds completely chewed through the size of a dime and a few more spots almost chewed through. I thought they were going to be done for good, but I figured it was worth a shot to try and repair first. I bought a tube of shoe goo because it said it was flexible, waterproof and that it bonded to neoprene. After a few layers on each hole front and back, my waders are 100% leak free. Soaked them in water in a bucket all night to test it out and not one drop got through. Just thought this was helpful if anyone else has a leaky pair of waders.
Posted By: Littlejr13

Re: wader repair - 11/13/15 09:50 PM

Yup that is some good stuff! I completely ripped a 1 inch gash in mine crossing a fence. Sewed it up and put 3 layers of shoe goo on inside and out and not a drop one has leaked! Pretty good stuff!
Posted By: zbot11

Re: wader repair - 11/13/15 10:00 PM

That's good advice. I've used regular contact cement on mine which works really well, but you have to apply to connect two surfaces for it to work. Unlike shoe goo which it looks like forms a pretty serious layer over the rip.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: wader repair - 11/14/15 08:17 AM

I have used Aqua Seal on much rubber boots and it worked well too
Posted By: J Loves Huntin

Re: wader repair - 11/14/15 08:59 AM

just used aquaSeal today. hoping it works. have a few tiny little holes that I hope it fills.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum