Texas Hunting Forum

Public Service Announcement!

Posted By: mohunter

Public Service Announcement! - 10/29/15 07:21 PM

Let's go ahead and get this discussion out of the way before the opener, we know there will be stories because I have already seen some huge permanent blinds built recently since the water levels are so high on public water.

On most public lakes, core lakes, WMA's, and APH property it is illegal to construct a permanent blind or temporary blind and leave it out for more than 72 hours. If your trash that you left behind(your blind)is removed by the authorities or another hunter trying to cleanup the environment do not get on here and complain about someone destroying your "illegal blind" you built to try and reserve your spot.

That's all, good luck hunting this season.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/29/15 07:24 PM

what if its made out of biodegradable 100% green material.... hippys hunt too
Posted By: FowlDreams

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/29/15 08:10 PM

And don't complain about someone beating you to the blind because you're lazy and wanted to sleep in.
Posted By: Fishuhalik

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/29/15 08:35 PM

troll
Posted By: Guy

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/29/15 08:40 PM

This stuff works pretty good...

http://m.acehardware.com//product/index....la=pla_19735900
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/29/15 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire..... flame
Posted By: kdub

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/29/15 08:51 PM

I found a real gucci blind last year on a popular public spot.

May have hung a dead cottonmouth in it....

and took a dump on the bench flush

I think they got the message.

Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/29/15 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: kdub
I found a real gucci blind last year on a popular public spot.

May have hung a dead cottonmouth in it....

and took a dump on the bench flush

I think they got the message.

nidea I never could figure out where that smell came from......
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/29/15 09:37 PM

Everyone knows the only way to reserve a spot is to leave your decoys out all night.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/29/15 11:00 PM

Happens every year. Folks spend big bucks to build an illegal duck blind palace on pub. They show up, and it's gone without a trace.

Posted By: Jobst

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/29/15 11:04 PM

Why would you tear down a blind made of sticks and grass? It's naturally there. I guess you could just kick it over but what's the point in that lol.
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/30/15 03:09 AM

tired of public hassle come see what we offer stress free

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/30/15 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: shooterwalter
tired of public hassle come see what we offer stress free

Trust me I am not tired of anything, just about to get started, but I have no interest in sitting on the edge of a stock tank shooting ducks.

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/30/15 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Jobst
Why would you tear down a blind made of sticks and grass? It's naturally there. I guess you could just kick it over but what's the point in that lol.

I agree with you 100% but stick and grass blinds are not what I am talking about. I talk with some guys the other day that were building one that was 8 by 12 feet made of metal with hog panel walls and roof and a wood floor floating on 55 gallon drums and brushed in with a ton of brush anchored down with post, it was massive and they are not planning to move it.
Posted By: QuackShack

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/30/15 04:23 AM

Best part is demo usually only takes less then a minute no matter how big or small it is.
Some will never learn.
Posted By: Jobst

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/30/15 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By: mohunter

I agree with you 100% but stick and grass blinds are not what I am talking about. I talk with some guys the other day that were building one that was 8 by 12 feet made of metal with hog panel walls and roof and a wood floor floating on 55 gallon drums and brushed in with a ton of brush anchored down with post, it was massive and they are not planning to move it.

On that's not cool. Completely against public or corp regs. I agree with you on that. I build brush blinds and hope i' m first there. They better hope no one finds it cause they won't get to use it much.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/30/15 05:12 AM

Don't you just love it when you show up to a place you have been hunting low profile with a layout or blanket blind for years and find someone built a permanent monstrous 5 man timber and brush box blind full of trash on that very spot in spite of the 24-72 hour rule. Even if you set up in the layout anyway and if the hunters don't show up telling you they own that spot now, the big tall blind is still going to be flaring every duck that sees it. Not to mention drawing to it every late arriving lost or scouting hunter from a distance like a magnet. I always have multiple options and just move on to plan B, or C, or so on.

This is the last year for Caddo's old privately owned and previously grandfathered blinds BTW. TPWD is tearing them down at the end of season if the owners don't. Some of those were there during the market hunting days and have been owned by families for generations. I bet Billy Carter is none too happy about it. I would not be surprised to see the same thing happen with the GLO on the coast sometime during our lifetimes. All it would take is one bad and publicized or viral incident I bet.
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/30/15 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Don't you just love it when you show up to a place you have been hunting low profile with a layout or blanket blind for years and find someone built a permanent monstrous 5 man timber and brush box blind full of trash on that very spot in spite of the 24-72 hour rule. Even if you set up in the layout anyway and if the hunters don't show up telling you they own that spot now, the big tall blind is still going to be flaring every duck that sees it. Not to mention drawing to it every late arriving lost or scouting hunter from a distance like a magnet. I always have multiple options and just move on to plan B, or C, or so on.

This is the last year for Caddo's old privately owned and previously grandfathered blinds BTW. TPWD is tearing them down at the end of season if the owners don't. Some of those were there during the market hunting days and have been owned by families for generations. I bet Billy Carter is none too happy about it. I would not be surprised to see the same thing happen with the GLO on the coast sometime during our lifetimes. All it would take is one bad and publicized or viral incident I bet.

I don't have a problem with coastal blinds as much, they don't seem to bother the birds one bit. I do have a problem with someone setting one up in a cove or back lake somewhere then throwing a cry baby for when you set up in the same area. They assume it just reserves the spot for them, and don't like being told otherwise.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/30/15 01:25 PM

Why do you want to advertise your spot?
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/30/15 02:40 PM

Then too don't you just love the common corps lake blinds you see out on barren banks made of a dozen pixy stick size limbs leaned together that make Eeyore's house look like a mansion. Just sit by a stump if that is the best you can do.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Public Service Announcement! - 10/31/15 09:38 AM

I wear my blind.

Learned just how effective camo can be when I worked for uncle sugar. Same basic principles applies to hunting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum