Texas Hunting Forum

How long to let a field rest

Posted By: Justin Shelton

How long to let a field rest - 10/09/15 03:05 PM

How long should you let a field rest after dove hunting it ?
Posted By: wal1809

Re: How long to let a field rest - 10/09/15 03:10 PM

Until they pile in there again.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: How long to let a field rest - 10/09/15 03:15 PM

It depends on the field. Some fields need rest for the birds to come back. The main field we've hunted this year has produced great hunts 3 times a week throughout the season.

I've hunted other places that needed 5-6 days rest between hunts.
Posted By: Featherduster

Re: How long to let a field rest - 10/09/15 03:24 PM

I completely understand your question and what you are asking, but really the answer can all just depend.

You should let a field rest until you think it will produce the results you are after.

If you are only wanting to hunt and get full limits, then it could be a while, or just wait until a lot of birds are back in it again. Sometimes it could be the very next day, sometimes it may not get hot again all season.

Some folks just enjoy being out hunting and aren't necessarily worried about full limits. Hunting more often but just scratching a couple birds here and there. In this case you don't have to wait nearly as long.

Season is only so long...then it's over
Posted By: STXHO

Re: How long to let a field rest - 10/09/15 04:39 PM

I let my fields rest a week in between hunts. If you aren't looking for limits like Featherdusterb said you can hunt them in the morning and let them rest that evening then go back the following morning or vise versa.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: How long to let a field rest - 10/10/15 02:05 PM

Once a week is probably enough, unless there's a stout, windy cool front coming.
Then don't wait.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum