Texas Hunting Forum

Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ?

Posted By: 4Weight

Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 09/30/15 07:42 PM

All,

Have a buddy in Houston that takes his waterfowl to a place that makes duck tamales. Says they are killer. Anyone know of a processor in DFW that does those?

Please advise.

4W
Posted By: texassippi

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 09/30/15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Weight
All,

Have a buddy in Houston that takes his waterfowl to a place that makes duck tamales. Says they are killer. Anyone know of a processor in DFW that does those?

Please advise.

4W

Add goose jerky or anything else with geese. I'm in the same boat

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 09/30/15 07:47 PM

Called Kuby's and they used to but their supplier ran into quality issues a few years back. I am striking out so far.
Posted By: john paul

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 09/30/15 07:52 PM

We had some snow goose tamales made, mixed 50/50 with pork. They were good but I got tired of eating them not because of the goose meat but because they were dry as a bone. Just make sure you get someone who knows how to make tamales or you will end up with a bunch of chitty tamales like I did, 75 dozen of them. hammer
Posted By: texassippi

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 09/30/15 07:56 PM

Called Kuby's and they used to but their supplier ran into quality issues a few years back. I am striking out so far.

Same here. My cousin told me to get in touch with them, and as you said it's a no go. I was hoping they would, their meats are dang good.
Posted By: TTUhunter4

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 09/30/15 09:28 PM

Give Cinnamon Creek Wild Game Processing (formally Syracuse Custom Meats) a call. They make great stuff, and I know they do tamales. I would be surprised if they wouldn't make duck tamales for you.

817-439-8008
Posted By: Hogman4127

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 09/30/15 09:36 PM

There is a place in Plano. The old Plano Tortilla Company. Cant remember their new name.
Posted By: oilag

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 09/30/15 09:36 PM

What is the place in houston called?

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 09/30/15 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: TTUhunter4
Give Cinnamon Creek Wild Game Processing (formally Syracuse Custom Meats) a call. They make great stuff, and I know they do tamales. I would be surprised if they wouldn't make duck tamales for you.

817-439-8008

Will do, many thanks. Not sure of the name of the place in Houston. I will find out.

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 09/30/15 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: TTUhunter4

817-439-8008

Will do, many thanks. Not sure of the name of the place in Houston. I will find out.

Let me know what they say. I may end up taking them some duck this year if they are willing to do it. I have used them for deer in the past and the quality is top notch.

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 09/30/15 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: oilag
What is the place in houston called?

Pete's Fine Meats

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 10/01/15 03:13 PM

Called Cinnamon Creek. They definitely do them. Advised to wait and bring them in after the waterfowl season and when most of their deer processing is winding down. Need 20 pounds of duck breast meat FYI.

4W

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 10/01/15 05:20 PM

Called Cinnamon Creek. They definitely do them. Advised to wait and bring them in after the waterfowl season and when most of their deer processing is winding down. Need 20 pounds of duck breast meat FYI.

4W

Great. I bet they will be delicious. The venison tamales they make are wonderful.
Posted By: Gacman

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 10/03/15 12:50 PM

Sulphur springs in Lampasas makes excellent venison tamales. Don't know about duck or goose.
Posted By: Hogman4127

Re: Any Place in DFW that does Duck Tamales ? - 10/03/15 04:02 PM

Aparicios In Plano
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum