Texas Hunting Forum

Just when i thought they were done.

Posted By: billyhunt

Just when i thought they were done. - 09/28/15 01:55 AM

A friend came over this evening to dove hunt. He doesn't hit so well, and he will tell you that. He shot two boxes this evening, just got 5, but THEY were everywhere!!!! Just hope they keep on keeping on. bolt
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Just when i thought they were done. - 09/28/15 02:12 AM

I had a guy this year shoot a case of shells all weekend and killed 13 birds. He had a blast,,,literally. I will hunt occasionally with the guys, off year for me, not hitting too good either for some reason.

Re: Just when i thought they were done. - 09/28/15 02:27 AM

LOL. I hear ya Stompy, I hear ya. Been of this year myself, but a few of the guys have said ive been OFF for awhile. lol444
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Just when i thought they were done. - 09/28/15 02:33 AM

I had cataract surgery on my shooting eye back in the Spring. I can see distance great but 3-4' in is blurry. Got to wear reading glasses now to see anything up close. I think I'll try some Hi-Viz beads on my shotguns to see if I can pick up the end of the barrel better.

Re: Just when i thought they were done. - 09/28/15 02:42 AM

They do work Stompy.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Just when i thought they were done. - 09/28/15 02:53 AM

We have an Easyhit sight on one of my guns and my gf's gun. She was complaining about not being able to see the barrel around lst. I got a couple from a guy on another sight and ended up putting one on mine as well. Not bad.
Posted By: 3 shots 1 kill.

Re: Just when i thought they were done. - 09/28/15 03:06 AM

Well, if I lived closer to yall I wouldn't mind giving him some tips while hunting. While hunting is the best time to do it. I taught one of my buddies how to shoot at the beginning of the season (about 5 years ago) and went from shooting a case of shells with 0 birds to limiting out with 3.5 boxes mid season. It takes patients and controlling you heart rate.

Re: Just when i thought they were done. - 09/28/15 03:47 AM

Thanks 3 shots 1 kill. A GOOD friend of mine that used to hunt with me ( he missed going to the Olympics by one shot ) has always said that most of us just don't follow thru with the shot. And boy that is me. And I thank you sir, you are right too, I have heard him say that too.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Just when i thought they were done. - 09/28/15 04:21 AM

I've been shooting pretty decent this year. Shot one limit with less than a box but probably average 1.5 boxes.

A couple guys I hunt with started off shooting their .410s. Helped a lot when they switched to 12 gauges.

Re: Just when i thought they were done. - 09/28/15 08:16 AM

Fooshman, I have heard of something like that. Have been thinking about going to something like that, sounds interesting.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Just when i thought they were done. - 09/28/15 06:11 PM

I had my limit by 6 after some poor shooting in my book on Friday. I go over to my buddy. 75 shots and 2 birds!!!! He upped his game and got 6 Sat morn. I heard one guy shot 4 boxes for a couple birds. I guarantee like was mentioned already, they are not following through and shooting well behind the birds just getting tail feathers.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Just when i thought they were done. - 09/28/15 06:20 PM

...it's all about being outside in the fresh air....not just killing something....I got out once....two boxes for my limit plus 8 ringnecks.....I did scare the he;; out of a bunch of them tho! up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum