Texas Hunting Forum

if you were to..

Posted By: Erichugh22

if you were to.. - 09/22/15 05:15 PM

Have a week of time in early December to take a road trip north, what state would you go to? Non guided just public land. Oklahoma? Kansas?
Posted By: texassippi

Re: if you were to.. - 09/22/15 05:27 PM

Have you looked at Cheyenne Bottoms in Kansas?
Posted By: FowlDreams

Re: if you were to.. - 09/22/15 05:34 PM

Kansas
Posted By: Navasot

Re: if you were to.. - 09/22/15 05:36 PM

5 miles from home
Posted By: Esh and Hattie

Re: if you were to.. - 09/22/15 05:37 PM

Early December is boom or average in Kansas, hunted public there a ton. If a good cold front brings in new mallards its hard to beat. But a 50 degree Thanksgiving makes it a little tougher smirk PM me if you want details or info
Posted By: wal1809

Re: if you were to.. - 09/22/15 05:44 PM

Kansas Smansas! There aint no birds in that God forgotten land. I wouldn't go there if I was you.
Posted By: Esh and Hattie

Re: if you were to.. - 09/22/15 06:16 PM

I take it you've gone out I-70 before wal.. set the cruise on 300 miles an hour wake up an hour later and you're still in your lane yawn

Re: if you were to.. - 09/22/15 07:36 PM

Last time I drove through Kansas it looked amazing so I was kind of leaning that direction
Posted By: john paul

Re: if you were to.. - 09/22/15 07:46 PM

I'd go shoot cranes and ducks in the texas panhandle.

If you decide this is something you might want to do I'd call some outfitters around the area and see about renting some crane decoys from them for a few days if you don't already have some or don't want to buy them.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: if you were to.. - 09/22/15 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Esh and Hattie
I take it you've gone out I-70 before wal.. set the cruise on 300 miles an hour wake up an hour later and you're still in your lane yawn

Good description.

Sounds Iike you've been on a road trip with Wal before.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: if you were to.. - 09/22/15 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: john paul
I'd go shoot cranes and ducks in the texas panhandle.

No doubt. Cranes, ducks, and geese in the handle.

If you can afford to hunt out of state, a guide fee is a relatively minor expense.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: if you were to.. - 09/22/15 07:57 PM

North east arkansas or soutwest lubbock

Re: if you were to.. - 09/22/15 08:24 PM

I've hunted all over Texas already, I just want something a little different. It's not all about shooting limits everyday, I'd rather shoot less birds on my own than pay a guide and shoot a bunch. The adventure makes up most of the fun for me. I just want to spend a few days hunting outside of Texas.
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: if you were to.. - 09/23/15 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
5 miles from home

thats my kind of trip
Posted By: Navasot

Re: if you were to.. - 09/23/15 03:05 AM

same as deer id rather hunt what i know best when i got the time... more days hunting less time driving.. money saved.. same outcome
Posted By: Littlejr13

Re: if you were to.. - 09/23/15 03:14 AM

Go hunt the timber in east Arkansas !! Seeing those green heads flutter through the trees! Nothing like it.

Re: if you were to.. - 09/23/15 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
same as deer id rather hunt what i know best when i got the time... more days hunting less time driving.. money saved.. same outcome

Like I said, the fun for me is in the journey itself, not just in killing ducks. Jumping in the truck with a couple good buddies and going somewhere I've never been is what I want to do. I hunt here 4-5 days a week. I want something different.
Posted By: FowlDreams

Re: if you were to.. - 09/23/15 05:51 PM

Eric. Sent you a pm bud
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum