Texas Hunting Forum

MOJO and Owl

Posted By: greenen

MOJO and Owl - 09/13/15 06:32 PM

Set up the dove mojo this morning on my pvc tree where we hunted yesterday. About 10 minutes before legal I saw what I assume was a great horned owl fly behind me. About 5 minutes later I hear crashing and the silhouette of the owl flying off. He grabbed one of the spinning wings apparently due to the claw marks in it. Bent the shaft but got it working later on.
Posted By: texassippi

Re: MOJO and Owl - 09/13/15 06:35 PM

Same thing has happened to me, but with hawks.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: MOJO and Owl - 09/13/15 06:36 PM

Wow! That is crazy and would be pretty cool to see.

Two of my friends a few years back saw an owl take a duck off a pond before LST.

Re: MOJO and Owl - 09/13/15 06:37 PM

I haven't even seen one flying in years. Years ago growing up in Georgia I had one hit a topwater plug I was casting right at dark. Pretty neat.
Posted By: Anytimeoutdoors1

Re: MOJO and Owl - 09/14/15 12:45 PM

A hawk just got me this morning!! Luckily just broke the plastic part of the wing. Now if I only had some doves to decoy in!!
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: MOJO and Owl - 09/14/15 06:11 PM

I saw an Eagle take an injured Canadian Goose many years back. I also saw a Teal kill himself and my Mojo Teal when he came crashing in.
Posted By: Chief Smith

Re: MOJO and Owl - 09/16/15 08:48 PM

I had a hawk come down on my Mojo on opening day of Dove season this year. It was the coolest part of the day since the dives forgot to show up.
Posted By: NTXR

Re: MOJO and Owl - 09/16/15 09:46 PM

Had an owl grab my buddy's frog when night fishing earlier this year. It took us a while to get him to let go of it. We thought he was hooked, but he wasn't. He flew off healthy and safe.

I was pass shooting divers one day when I was a kid. It'd let a few float until I could get in the boat to go pick them up. I had 2 birds down when a bald eagle grabbed one of them and landed in the tree behind me. That's one of my favorite duck hunting memories.

Posted By: NTXR

Re: MOJO and Owl - 09/16/15 09:57 PM

I also had a really curious bull take exception to one of my MOJOs when I was packing up from a dove hunt. He licked and then bit the wing on one of them before I shooed him off.
Posted By: Red Steven Salas

Re: MOJO and Owl - 09/17/15 03:16 PM

Pretty cool. I would have like to have seen that.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: MOJO and Owl - 09/17/15 04:07 PM

Had a hawk take a teal out of mid-air as it was cupped coming into the decoys. Craziest thing I have ever seen.
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: MOJO and Owl - 09/17/15 04:15 PM

Mojo and Owl. Sounds like a children's story. grin

I've had a hawk eat a dove, widgeon and speck on three different occasions. They got to eat too.

Re: MOJO and Owl - 09/17/15 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRaider3933
Had a hawk take a teal out of mid-air as it was cupped coming into the decoys. Craziest thing I have ever seen.

That I would have liked to have seen!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum