Texas Hunting Forum

Southeast Texas Teal

Posted By: B.Johns

Southeast Texas Teal - 09/09/15 04:40 PM

Has anyone been seeing any teal around the China, TX area?
Posted By: john paul

Re: Southeast Texas Teal - 09/09/15 05:57 PM

I only know one guy who hunts out there and his pond is loaded with teal, off Lawhon Rd.

Re: Southeast Texas Teal - 09/10/15 10:52 AM

Good to hear. This will be my first year duck hunting Texas. Hope it treats me well

Re: Southeast Texas Teal - 09/10/15 01:43 PM

The farmer said he would flood 15 acres for teal season and the rest in october for our group of 4 hunters. I checked yesterday and there was only about 2 acres of water max. If he floods it last minute will that affect how many birds I will get?
Posted By: john paul

Re: Southeast Texas Teal - 09/10/15 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: B.Johns
The farmer said he would flood 15 acres for teal season and the rest in october for our group of 4 hunters. I checked yesterday and there was only about 2 acres of water max. If he floods it last minute will that affect how many birds I will get?

If you have a puddle to hunt on in China right now you should have no problem shooting limits of teal opening morning. Make sure you bring a couple mojos. We have them decoy to dove mojos in dry fields while dove hunting sometimes.
Posted By: ArkansasTraveler

Re: Southeast Texas Teal - 09/11/15 02:16 PM

B Johns you leasing a place down there? If so who from....may be able to give you a bit of info on past experiences
Posted By: Featherduster

Re: Southeast Texas Teal - 09/11/15 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: B.Johns

It's better to have it a little earlier, but if you have teal in the area you should have no problem getting birds.

Back when I was in high school and first started guiding in Eagle Lake, we could do a fun hunt if we didn't have clients for that day. We would let the ponds rest and just stick a mojo in a laid out fallow field with no water at all. Teal would just come down just enough to check out the mojo.

If you got plenty of birds in the area you won't have a problem.
Posted By: Black Ice

Re: Southeast Texas Teal - 09/12/15 01:12 AM

When u taking me hunting? I've got a great pond by Lawhorn road and slay the teal but only when we have a wet year and hold water. Has it been raining a lot?

Re: Southeast Texas Teal - 09/19/15 02:04 AM

Arkansas Traveler, Im leasing some acreage on Douguet's Crawfish farm off of HWY 90.

Re: Southeast Texas Teal - 09/20/15 11:24 PM

Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Southeast Texas Teal - 09/21/15 01:10 AM

I used to hunt in china texas 15 years ago.

The only band i have was shot there.
An 18 yr old snow banded in churchil manitoba
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum