Texas Hunting Forum

High flying WW

Posted By: 8pointdrop

High flying WW - 09/08/15 04:21 PM

Hunted a flyway Sunday with my boy and a buddy. Just a plowed wheat field that sits between food/water and where they're roosting. Field holds some mourning dove but these white wings had no interest stopping. Groups of up to 15 or so coming over high and fast makes for fun shooting but really affects shot/kill ratio. I wish white wing decoyed to mojos like mourning dove.

Don't realize how dam big that boy is getting until I look back a pics like this.
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: High flying WW - 09/08/15 04:31 PM

That's about all I've seen out here in Katy/Brookshire area is the flocks way up there. There have been a few lower flying flocks, but out of range where I was sitting. Pick up the full choke gun on the high ones. And yes the shot/kill ratio ain't good, at least for me.
Posted By: Beretta

Re: High flying WW - 09/10/15 02:02 AM

up
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: High flying WW - 09/10/15 02:06 AM

up

Re: High flying WW - 09/10/15 10:28 AM

Thanks fellas.

Beretta, you ready for the season? Looked at some spots we've hunted, and other than having to use a machete to get to them, they look like duck utopia. Waist high smart/duck weed, lots of barn yard grass, and lots of other vegetation, all flooded. Had some teal yesterday.

Re: High flying WW - 09/10/15 04:15 PM

Yes sir, I'll be jumping in the jeep for a long early morning drive when ever you tell me to come smile

Re: High flying WW - 09/10/15 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Beretta
Yes sir, I'll be jumping in the jeep for a long early morning drive when ever you tell me to come smile

Really wanna try hunting that lake I told you about for ducks early then catch big catfish after the hunt...

Re: High flying WW - 09/10/15 08:49 PM

That sounds good to me
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum