Texas Hunting Forum

Well that didn't take long

Posted By: LarryCopper

Well that didn't take long - 09/04/15 08:29 PM

I'm hunting one of the big DFW area leases again this year. Like a lot of folks I put in a lot of time scouting so if they're around I'll find 'em. There just aren't many in the area, but I got really lucky last weekend to find a spot that had a good number. The first two days were a couple of limits and a great time, only got boom scouted by a couple of guys that turned out to be good folks. Yesterday morning I had the place to myself and only saw a dozen or so birds til 9:30. Four got in range and ended up with three.

I can tell ya that on a slow morning the darn peripheral vision dragon flies can make ya jumpier than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs! I think I pulled something in my neck.

I feel sorry for the folks that couldn't get out until tomorrow. It's already slim to none on opening weekend. Come on KS birds!
Posted By: Khaiguy

Re: Well that didn't take long - 09/10/15 07:11 PM

Glad you had good luck in the Metroplex. I've hunted on Doveblasters properties a couple of times but only have gotten into spotty birds. Dragon flies and tweety birds get me every time.
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Well that didn't take long - 09/10/15 07:58 PM

Dragonflies and chi chi bird shadows make me jump every time lol.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum