Texas Hunting Forum

Fri slow morning hunt

Posted By: sallysue

Fri slow morning hunt - 09/04/15 04:46 PM

Posted By: syncerus

Re: Fri slow morning hunt - 09/04/15 05:27 PM

I got four this morning and missed three or four others; I quit at about 9:15. It was slow for me, too.
Posted By: Slimpickin

Re: Fri slow morning hunt - 09/04/15 05:35 PM

Hunting at Stompy's place. Would have limited out early if the first 12 shots were not blanks. Dropped 12 this morning. Shot/Harvest ratio will remain silent. nuts
Posted By: clint623

Re: Fri slow morning hunt - 09/04/15 06:06 PM

Picked up 2 at China. About a dozen people sitting on a gravel road and they knew how to miss when every shot had to count. 2 came by me and I got both of Em. 4 shots. Pretty proud of myself. Shot:bird ratio was great!
Posted By: B Razorback

Re: Fri slow morning hunt - 09/04/15 07:55 PM

Whether its a slow hunt or a good hunt, it is always good to be out there! Glad you got you some up
Posted By: sallysue

Re: Fri slow morning hunt - 09/04/15 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: WHACK&STACK
Whether its a slow hunt or a good hunt, it is always good to be out there! Glad you got you some up
Thats true and I luv the dog part of it
Posted By: RangerRick

Re: Fri slow morning hunt - 09/04/15 11:15 PM

Still all better than me,seen 2 opening day hunting the APH Tate Farm,Then wife had to have rush surgery done and bone removed from hand/arm etc...so spent next day in hospital and everyday since being the fetch it guy...be a few days before I can try APH again.
Posted By: J Loves Huntin

Re: Fri slow morning hunt - 09/05/15 03:06 PM

Dead in grandview! Two shots at 1 dove!
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: Fri slow morning hunt - 09/06/15 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: RangerRick
Still all better than me,seen 2 opening day hunting the APH Tate Farm,Then wife had to have rush surgery done and bone removed from hand/arm etc...so spent next day in hospital and everyday since being the fetch it guy...be a few days before I can try APH again.

Sorry to hear that, hope she recovers well.
By the way, dove are nonexistent in the north and south areas of Waller county.
Posted By: kindall

Re: Fri slow morning hunt - 09/06/15 02:42 PM

By the way, dove are nonexistent in the north and south areas of Waller.

It definitely been slower than previous years.
Posted By: Western

Re: Fri slow morning hunt - 09/06/15 03:16 PM

Have only seen the 2 pair of Inca doves at the house here in Wise county, worse than last year. The last week or so of the Spring floods, we had dove like never before, then poof, gone!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum