Texas Hunting Forum

RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake)

Posted By: Hopedale

RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 04:58 AM

RGC, Little RGC, Remi, Spanky, Seithfish, Crazyhorse, and Parker

Guys it was one hecky of a time. Thanks for letting me finish the season with you, and putting me on some birds.

Hope you all made it home safe. I'll post some pics tommorow.

Hope you don't mind that I went ahead and named your lake, since it didn't have one.

OHR Lake - OBMA HAVALINA RINGNECK Lake

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"

Posted By: Parker

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 05:18 AM

Great to meet you, bud. Look forward to doing it again!

Posted By: Crazyhorse

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 05:21 AM

It was really a great weekend, enjoyed meeting Parker and Hopedale.

Got a kick out of seeing Little R.G.C. catch a really nice bass during the down time between hunts.

Enjoyed visiting with Seth and discussing many subjects.

Had the pleasure of meeting Koolie76 and Spanky's son Zachary, and Larry and his little shadow Matthew, also R.G.C.'s brother and nephew.

Got to watch Remi work real well for two days, and just had a great ime all the way around.

Many Many Thanks to Spanky and R.G.C. for being so kind as to invite me out and re-kindle my interest in waterfowling.

Posted By: Sethfish

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 05:25 AM

That name is perfect

What a great weekend. What a way to spend the last weekend of the season, with old friends, new friends, mornings in the duck blind, evenings and days by the fire.

Congrats to you Jordan for your first bass.

Congrats to Jordan for your ninth bass.

Hey Fool I got two ducks!

Here are some old friends and new friends!

Here is an ordinary merganser that became an extraordinary memory when it was shot with a 20ga given to a son by his father just over 24 years ago.

Crazy Horse told stories and discussed High Fences, Antler Restrictions, Javelina vs sewer Rat, Javelina vs nutria, Javelina vs dead armadillo, Javelina vs. skunk, and Javelina vs just about everything else

Everybody listened to him

I mean everybody listened to him.

And it was nice to have some ducks as a bonus.

Saturday

Sunday

Some of the ducks who were dressed up for the occasion

Randy's Mallard

Thanks Guys for the hunt this weekend, I look forward to many more seasons, many more campfires, and many more memories.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 05:36 AM

The line of the weekend: "RUN FORREST, RUN!!!!".

Hey, someone had to say it!!!

Posted By: TexasEd

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 05:47 AM

Pssst, Hopedale,

Javelina starts with a "J"

Silly Cajun.

And you said you got a duck? I think we need photographic evidence. You holding said duck will work.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 05:54 AM

Quote:

Pssst, Hopedale,

Silly Cajun

I know what you mean, we just smiled and pretended like we understood. I think at one point he was talking about cooking after we saw this nutria, but I'm not sure, but he was really excited about that nutria.

Between Him and Crazyhorse there is not an animal we couldn't cook this past weekend.

Hopedale it was great to meet you and I hope we will have a chance to catch some fish and shoot some ducks in the future.

Yes Sir, Let the Good Times Roll. or as Orn says, Camaro Up!

Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 06:00 AM

Nice. Very, very nice!

Posted By: TexasEd

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 06:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Pssst, Hopedale,

Silly Cajun

I know what you mean, we just smiled and pretended like we understood. I think at one point he was talking about cooking after we saw this nutria, but I'm not sure, but he was really excited about that nutria.

Between Him and Crazyhorse there is not an animal we couldn't cook this past weekend.

That had me laughing out loud, glad I didn't have a drink in my mouth.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 06:10 AM

Don't be too hard on him...he's Texas-ignorant, but he's learning!!!

Posted By: cable

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 07:05 AM

looks like a heck of a good time!

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 09:00 AM

Quote:

Pssst, Hopedale,

Silly Cajun.

And you said you got a duck? I think we need photographic evidence. You holding said duck will work.

yes sir, I'm going to need to see digital proof, or sworn statements from all present

J/k, looks like ya'll had a great time, sorry I missed it, what a way to end the season

Posted By: spanky

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 04:15 PM

What a great treat for me to share a weekend with those guys. To do it justice we really needed a camcorder, but am afraid would not be suitable for the forum.

Beside all the laughing around the campfire, one of the things I will remember the most was Randall's shot on that Widgeon hen from the blind Sat. This bird was up there, really up there, almost straight over head, and Randall stands up with that 10 ga. and pulls the trigger. He stonded this duck and it dropped like a rock, looked like it was coming into the blind. I don't know about anyone else but I was trying to get out of the way in hopes it did not hit us. I think it landed about 4 or 5 ft. in front of the blind.

Shannon and John,it was great to meet ya'll, I had a great time talking to each of you. Randy, Randall, Seth, John Paul, great to see old friends again, looking forward to next year to do it again.

Posted By: R.G.C.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 05:17 PM

Same for me what a great time!!!!! I want to say thanks to all of you who came out it was weekend that I won't forget. Remi and Jordan had a blast also. Seth thanks for setting Jordan up with the jig and showing him how to fish it. Spanky thank you for letting me on the lease with you this year it was one of mine and Jordans funnest seasons and can't wait to do it again next year. Shannon, Randall, John, Larry, Robert, Dylan, Coolie, and Little Mathew thanks for coming out and we are already talking about next years plans. (I willl have a camcorder) I look forward to hunting with all of you again.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 06:31 PM

Quote:

I will be the first to testify to that one, I watched him drop that duck the birds were headed to our left and John was on that end of the blind and the bird was beginning to gain altitude when John folded it.

He was plenty happy because he turned around and looked at me when I congratulated him on the shot, and told me it was his first duck.

Parker, Congratulations on your first duck.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 07:22 PM

Quote:

Pssst, Hopedale,

Silly Cajun.

Hopedale actually dropped the very first one Saturday morning. A Gadwall hen But hey it was a duck and he did not get a skunk on the season.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/26/09 07:37 PM

Quote:

The line of the weekend: "RUN FORREST, RUN!!!!".

Hey, someone had to say it!!!

How some you forget young grasshopper the other one.
"I like it with ketchup and manazz"
I knew cajuns could cook just about anything but this is a little overboard.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 03:24 AM

Yeah, that was an odd moment in time.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 04:56 AM

Quote:

Yeah, that was an odd moment in time.

To say the least.
I am glad he slept with Randall now that I think about it.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 05:30 AM

YEP!!!!

Posted By: campcook

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 05:34 AM

WHAT'S THIS I HEAR ABOUT RANDALL SPENDING THE NIGHT IN THE SAME TENT AS SHANNON?????

Posted By: Guy

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 05:37 AM

Looks like you guys had a real throw down, well done.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 07:08 AM

Quote:

WHAT'S THIS I HEAR ABOUT RANDALL SPENDING THE NIGHT IN THE SAME TENT AS SHANNON?????

It's true...although I shall never speak of what I heard!!!

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 07:34 AM

Well as promised here are a few pics worth posting

I arrive at camp and things were under way. You can see here the heavy discussion and deep thought in these next two photos:

Boy how things get turned around! Take a look at Spanky's relative as he heard RGC say, "I like it with ketchup and manazz"

Now let's just move along to the morning’s hunt on Saturday.

Here you see our leader, sort of posing like General Macarthur

I will say he did a great job coordinating spreading everyone around the lake, so we all got shots at birds. Here is where me, the campcook aka Crazyhorse, Little RGC, and Parker was hunting:

Spanky and RGC say they are going to improve this blind, but for someone that is hunting public, I thought I was staying at a 5 star hotel. But I believe RGC wants to get Treebass out there, so he knows he'll need to have it heated.

I'm not a skilled photographer, so the action photos didn't come out, so I only have this one picture of Remi doing her Princess Leia impression:

When we finally called it a day, we had a nice number of birds. Here is Mr Seithfish explaining to Parker that while Wigeon and Gadwall are good ducks, they don't compare in taste to the Ringneck.

If you think I'm kidding about Seithfish liking the Ringneck, take a look at this close up. You'll see how he organized all of these birds by group and placed the Canvasback on top of the Ringneck.

Now the only thing Seithfish likes more then "ketchup and manazz", my bad, that's RGC that likes, "ketchup and manazz" Seithfish enjoys a good fried piece of

Which "campcook" was only to glad to prepare for that evenings meal

The look on Seithfish's face was priceless check it out

All kidding aside, like I already said, it was one heck of a weekend.

RGC, thanks again for getting me out there and helping finish the season with some birds. It would have been a long year if I would have needed to wait until September to redeem myself.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 07:41 AM

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 07:42 AM

Great pictures and good report, just one small problem, don't go calling me "campcook", because she is both better looking than me and is a better cook, and she wasn't there!

There are already folks on this site that think me and "campcook" are the same person, but Lora is definitely a lot better person than I am, all the way around.

I think you owe her an apology.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 07:45 AM

and hopedale why is that javelinas rear end facing the deer block?

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 07:53 AM

Quote:

Great pictures and good report, just one small problem, don't go calling me "campcook", because she is both better looking than me and is a better cook, and she wasn't there!

There are already folks on this site that think me and "campcook" are the same person, but Lora is definitely a lot better person than I am, all the way around.

I think you owe her an apology.

I am sorry campcook. I thought Crazyhorse was having fun with his screen name.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 07:54 AM

Quote:

LOL, you tell me, you're the one that luvs to eat them.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 07:57 AM

No, we don't joke about that, some folks, including some PTB's don't seem to appreciate married couples being active members on the site.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 08:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

sir, I will ask you not to bring up that most unfortunate moment.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 08:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ROFLMAO - I am now cleaning diet-coke and rum off of my keybord.

Give me a shout next time you're in austin. I'll pm you the cell.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 01:32 PM

great pics, congrats Hopedale, bout dang time!

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 05:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The look on your face when I told you it was javalina backstrap was priceless. I just wish someone could have gotten a picture of it. Guy's thank again for the memories and don't forget we need to GTG and do a fishing weekend next in the spring when it is not so cold or windy.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 05:39 PM

Quote:

I told you I would help take care of him while you where away.
But I think he found a new BFF named Crazyhorse. The sounds coming from that tent where pretty loud and disturbing to hear.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 06:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

But I think he found a new BFF named Crazyhorse. The sounds coming from that tent where pretty loud and disturbing to hear.

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/27/09 11:40 PM

Quote:

Crazy Horse told stories and discussed High Fences, Antler Restrictions, Javelina vs sewer Rat, Javelina vs nutria, Javelina vs dead armadillo, Javelina vs. skunk, and Javelina vs just about everything else

Looks like y'all had a great time.
Crazyhorse is a hoot to be around. He must have sounded like Bubba in Forest Gump listing all the ways to prepare shrimp. I just hope he did not include javelina vs Sniper John in that.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/28/09 12:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Looks like y'all had a great time.
Crazyhorse is a hoot to be around. He must have sounded like Bubba in Forest Gump listing all the ways to prepare shrimp. I just hope he did not include javelina vs Sniper John in that.

N o the "run forest run" came about when he started chasing a wounded duck instead of shooting it. It looked like a cross between a otter and forest gump running across the field wiht the duck in the lead.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/28/09 03:03 AM

Forgot to mention my Valentines present from Seth. A beautiful box of Hav.......... wait(dang Cajun)...... Javelina flavored Skittles, with the inscripton BFF forever. It is near and dear to my heart.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/28/09 04:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

LOL

Only question I have is what were you and Mr Parker doing that old Seithfish moved outside for safety?

My gosh, Javalina could have gotten him. Must have been some sort of Broke Back Mt event, that he needed to get out of there

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/28/09 04:42 AM

Quote:

Forgot to mention my Valentines present from Seth. A beautiful box of Hav.......... wait(dang Cajun)...... Javelina flavored Skittles, with the inscripton BFF forever. It is near and dear to my heart.

Don't blame me that you can't spell because you got true, "Man Luv" for you BFF.

I just moved here to Heavan and had to Google Javalina. I can't help it if the tree huggers spelled in wrong and sent me off in the wrong direction.

Now all kidding aside, thanks for sharing the Valinetine cookies you BFF baked for you. It were nice of you Butweat

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/28/09 06:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL

Only question I have is what were you and Mr Parker doing that old Seithfish moved outside for safety?

My gosh, Javalina could have gotten him. Must have been some sort of Broke Back Mt event, that he needed to get out of there

Well if you realy wanted to knwo you would have come in and joined us.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/28/09 09:10 AM

All's I can say is that it was really cold!!!

Hey, Hopedale...you're getting closer...Ya got the "J" right. It's J-A-V-E-L-I-N-A.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/28/09 04:50 PM

Quote:

Hey, Hopedale...you're getting closer...Ya got the "J" right. It's J-A-V-E-L-I-N-A.

I bet he don't even know what other word is wrong.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/28/09 05:49 PM

Don't make fun of the valentines cookies.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/28/09 06:32 PM

hey those things where good. I am sure glad you know how to bake Seth.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/28/09 06:53 PM

Quote:

hey those things where good. I am sure glad you know how to bake Seth.

I guess it was meant to be, when I got home from the store with the ingredients I realized I had forgotten to pick up the the chocolate chips, and then I noticed that right there in the street was a ziplock baggy of spices. I think it was oregano who would have thought it would be better than chocolate chips.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/28/09 07:01 PM

and then I noticed that right there in the street was a ziplock baggy of spices.

Taking a short cut thru South Dallas again

Posted By: Cool_Hand

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/28/09 07:06 PM

Looks like a good gathering!!!

Posted By: LM1

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/30/09 09:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I am jealous! That PARKER Is a piece of work! I will be a better man next year after spending time with this group!

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 01/30/09 05:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am jealous! That PARKER Is a piece of work! I will be a better man next year after spending time with this group!

Not better just a man.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 02/01/09 06:48 AM

No, he's correct. After some time with that group, he WILL be a better man. Ya gotta remember you're dealing with the Munch, here!!!

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 02/01/09 06:50 AM

I'm sleeping with my clothes on.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 02/01/09 06:47 PM

Quote:

No, he's correct. After some time with that group, he WILL be a better man. Ya gotta remember you're dealing with the Munch, here!!!

Yea I forgot who we where talking about. please forgive me.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 02/01/09 06:53 PM

Quote:

this makes me feel better for some reason

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 02/01/09 07:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think that makes quite a few people happy to hear this.
It may disappoint the Cajan tho.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 02/01/09 07:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL, don't know about that, but AggieHunter gets nervous

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 02/01/09 08:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why would I be disappointed? I believe you were going Broke Bak and drove Seithfish outside to stay with the Havalina.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 02/01/09 10:46 PM

I don't think it was me. I was already snoring when he went to sleep with the wildlife.

Re: RGC - Spanky - (OHR Lake) - 12/07/18 02:23 AM

memory lane
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum