Texas Hunting Forum

Mount Ideas?

Posted By: B Razorback

Mount Ideas? - 01/15/15 08:49 PM

Hey yall I have a mature gadwall (purple head and a black ring around the neck) and a bull double sprig pintail I am wanting to mount. I would like a mount to show off the gadwals black ring and purple head. For the pintail I want a mount showing off the color in its wings and the double sprig. Can yall give me some ideas for a separate mount for both of these? I have a family member that is going to mount them for me. I am giving it to him on sunday afternoon! Thanks for yalls help!
Posted By: NTX Waterfowl

Re: Mount Ideas? - 01/15/15 08:59 PM

My personal favorites for both

Posted By: B Razorback

Re: Mount Ideas? - 01/15/15 09:06 PM

Those are really nice! Keep them coming!!
Posted By: AndrewMac

Re: Mount Ideas? - 01/15/15 09:24 PM

Here is my pintail mount from a few years ago. Hope this helps. Sounds like some great birds!!

Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Mount Ideas? - 01/15/15 09:32 PM

I like sitting or swimming mounts.

Post a pic of your gadwall. I'm wanting to get one but I want to wait till I get a really nice one.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Mount Ideas? - 01/15/15 10:49 PM

Man, who did these mounts^^ Really any of the ones that are posted above. Those are about as good as it gets
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Mount Ideas? - 01/15/15 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Bissett
Man, who did these mounts^^ Really any of the ones that are posted above. Those are about as good as it gets

Birdman Studios. I just sent a redhead to him and will be sending a bufflehead and wigeon next week.
Posted By: Roc

Re: Mount Ideas? - 01/16/15 01:19 AM

Birdman is great he has a lesser scaup of mine since March. I have had 3 done with Todd. I will be shipping all the birds I shot in February in Mexico.

Goto his website and view his pics to get ideas. He has several hundred sitting and flying poses.
Posted By: NTX Waterfowl

Re: Mount Ideas? - 01/16/15 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Bissett

I did the top two, no idea on the middle, and Birdman on the bottom. Thanks
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum