Texas Hunting Forum

Glove recommendations.

Posted By: brazosboyt

Glove recommendations. - 01/08/15 03:50 AM

Learned sumpin new from my sea ducking buddy. Was 36-38 all week last week and raining where we sea duck hunted. All the guys were wearing these thin rubber gloves from u-line. I tried one on my shooting hand with my waterproof wind stopper on the left. An hour in and my left hand was wet and cold. These keep the water off your skin and a surprising amount of warmth in. If it gets below freezing, they are thin enough to pull your insulated gloves over.

Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/08/15 03:54 AM

Put on a pair of deke gloves in the cold last week. Seemed to keep hands warmer than the cabelas. UA high dollar gloves.

Key is moisture. Keep them dry.
Posted By: b1c2r3r4

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/08/15 04:14 AM

Thanks for the info. You could try a pair of half finger wool gloves over them for added warmth.
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/08/15 04:17 AM

Wet hands = cold hands
Posted By: Corn

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/08/15 05:23 AM

I've used a pair of water proof gloves for decoys, and hot hands in my wader pocket during the hunt and it's worked great. Lows in the 20s with 20 MPH winds and they toasty and warm, sea duck hunting may be a different story though
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/08/15 02:15 PM

And I thought it was a 100% actual fact as told by some of our hardcore internet hunters here that gloves were bad/unsafe/not helpful. laugh
Posted By: wfhunter

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/08/15 05:43 PM

Nice! I have a box of light blue nitrile gloves I use for cleaning birds, deer etc... A different brand but look the same. Will have to get some black ones. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/08/15 06:05 PM

I am going to try this with some medical rubber type gloves this weekend. I usually only wear gloves while driving the boat but will have to give this a try.
Thanks for the tip, just called my wife and told her to bring me some home from her office, they will probably be pink or blue though, haha.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/08/15 06:49 PM

I'll try that when my gore tex gloves start leaking.
Posted By: nacgoat08

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/08/15 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: wfhunter
Nice! I have a box of light blue nitrile gloves I use for cleaning birds, deer etc... A different brand but look the same. Will have to get some black ones. Thanks for the info.

Ditto
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/09/15 05:37 PM

Will try soon! great idea.. i bet the rubber gloves with the strap-on handwarmer would work great.. gonna give it a shot this weekend
Posted By: schmellba99

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/09/15 07:23 PM

I have a pear of thin neoprene gloves that I bought at Cabela's (I think anyway) about 15 years ago. They go up over the wrist and have a velcro strap to cinch them up snug. Thin enough to shoot with and load with, but keep your hands dry. Have a nylon armor on the outside like waders. Best I've ever had, but I haven't seen them available for a long time now.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/09/15 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: b1c2r3r4
Thanks for the info. You could try a pair of half finger wool gloves over them for added warmth.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/09/15 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985
Will try soon! great idea.. i bet the rubber gloves with the strap-on handwarmer would work great.. gonna give it a shot this weekend

Try it with the adhesive toewarmers on em

Work even better
Posted By: UTMallard

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/10/15 04:39 AM

I tried it this morning and they worked like a charm. Disposable latex gloves under thin goretex gloves and my hands were sweating in 24 degree weather. Good tip!
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Glove recommendations. - 01/12/15 12:54 AM

I have seen both cops and paramedics wearing gloves that look like that

They look pretty sturdy

Bet they would be good for processing hogs
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum