Texas Hunting Forum

Beretta A300

Posted By: txtrophy85

Beretta A300 - 12/19/14 10:07 PM

Took my browning silver hunter to the coast today and it had rust on it by the time I got home.

Need a dedicated duck gun.

How are the A300's?
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/19/14 10:28 PM

I own a wood one and they are awesome shotguns, about to buy a synthetic one.
Posted By: STEW

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/19/14 10:36 PM

I have a Beretta Outlander, and I love mine. I got it right before Dove season. My only advice to you is to just go ahead and get something that shoots 3.5" shells. The outlander only shoots 3" shells. I will tell you why I say that. I did a lot of research and everyone said that a 3" barrel would be fine. Well I got invited on a Duck/Goose hunt and those birds are high. If it wasn't for my friend having an extra shotgun that shot 3.5" shells, I wouldn't have got any geese. Save yourself some money and get one that shoots 3.5" shells. Instead of being like me. I love my A300, and I will not sell it, so now I have to spend more money to purchase another shotgun that shoots 3.5" shells
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/19/14 11:18 PM

I have a Silver hunter as well and had to wipe it down with oil right after every hunt.

I got a Browning A5 and I love it. The Silver has a little bit of a humpback feel to it already so going to the A5 fit me great. I also like that it's inertia driven.

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/20/14 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: STEW
I have a Beretta Outlander, and I love mine. I got it right before Dove season. My only advice to you is to just go ahead and get something that shoots 3.5" shells. The outlander only shoots 3" shells. I will tell you why I say that. I did a lot of research and everyone said that a 3" barrel would be fine. Well I got invited on a Duck/Goose hunt and those birds are high. If it wasn't for my friend having an extra shotgun that shot 3.5" shells, I wouldn't have got any geese. Save yourself some money and get one that shoots 3.5" shells. Instead of being like me. I love my A300, and I will not sell it, so now I have to spend more money to purchase another shotgun that shoots 3.5" shells

I'll never go on a goose hunt.

My duck hunting is usually shooting ducks over decoys so a 3" chamber is fine
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/20/14 12:23 AM

Do 3.5" shells go farther distance?
Posted By: Ben Dover

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/20/14 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter

No, they absoluteley DO NOT. They will hold pattern density farther because of increase in pellet count
Posted By: Going Green

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/20/14 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter

No. In fact it typically has worse ballistics and patterns than 3". The thought that a 3.5" shell is needed to kill high flying birds or geese is your brain thinking "Well if 3in is good, 3.5in must be better, right?". Wrong. Here's more details as to why, that I don't have time to explain: http://www.chuckhawks.com/kill_3half_12gauge.htm
Posted By: tjhook

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/20/14 05:14 AM

I have the A300 outlander and love it. Sweet shooting SOB
Posted By: Arbor Guy

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/20/14 05:49 AM

I want one! So I thing you should get one! up

I've never met a shotgun I didn't like to shoot but right now I'm sold on the beretta A300. I. just shipped one of my classic fixed choke beretta barrels off to get fitted for a trulock choke. I spoke with the gunsmith for a while about the different barrels he works on (well over 30 years exp.). He said by far beretta makes the best barrels. He said they are the harder to machine because they type of metal they use makes them far tougher than any other brand on the market. He also said the quality is second to none. We discussed the A400 and A300...he said they are the same gun platform and action. Just the A400 has more bells and nicer finish. He has me sold. Solid gun for great price.
Posted By: Fishuhalik

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/20/14 04:45 PM

Never shot one but I'll be getting one once my 391 bites the dust (if that ever happens). Every review I've ever read has been positive & the gun is almost a mirror image of my current gun. IMHO, I think they're the best value on the market

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/20/14 11:15 PM

Got the gun

At first I was a little off put by the stock adjustments but after some mounting I appreciate the fact I can take an inch off the length.

Probably gonna shorten it a 1/2" to start to accommodate for wearing heavy clothes.

I'll give a field report when it sees some action next week
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/21/14 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Got the gun

At first I was a little off put by the stock adjustments but after some mounting I appreciate the fact I can take an inch off the length.

Probably gonna shorten it a 1/2" to start to accommodate for wearing heavy clothes.

I'll give a field report when it sees some action next week

worthless
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/21/14 05:32 AM

The new a300- for 900 bucks shoots 3.5 as well. I have older model- 725 bucks. By far best value for money
Posted By: BobMac

Re: Beretta A300 - 12/21/14 01:14 PM

Excellent gun for the money
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum