Texas Hunting Forum

Saw a guy hunting on public in the north zone this weekend

Posted By: Jordan A

Saw a guy hunting on public in the north zone this weekend - 12/17/14 03:53 PM

I was out at a hunt test on public land this weekend.
( related article here: http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth...iel#Post5483186 )

As I drive up and air my dog I see this guy with an old double barrel shotgun smoking a cigarette and yelling at some of the hunt test people. He was ticked we were ruining his hunt. While he was complaining a group of about 15 ducks circled. He started running back towards the pond he was at and loaded a couple rounds. Before he got there the ducks cupped down and his buddy dropped three. The hunt test members apologized as he wrapped up his hunt and headed out.

A little while later I was explaining to one of my fellow handlers how I thought this was going to be a retriever hunt test and not an upland hunt test. I said, "It made perfect sense to be a retriever test because it is DURING THE SPLIT". As soon as I said that we both realized what happened earlier. That guy had shot three ducks and poached while we all watched. No one else even realized it, they were all spaniel/ upland people. Anyways, that made my weekend even more interesting. I do not know if he did not know or did not care. I think he honestly did not know.
Posted By: kdub

Re: Saw a guy hunting on public in the north zone this weekend - 12/17/14 03:59 PM

Lots of ducks during the split and no other hunters. banana2
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Saw a guy hunting on public in the north zone this weekend - 12/17/14 04:16 PM

wtf
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Saw a guy hunting on public in the north zone this weekend - 12/17/14 07:06 PM

Lo siento
Posted By: Gary Willmann

Re: Saw a guy hunting on public in the north zone this weekend - 12/17/14 09:04 PM

And you did or did not call the game warden?
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Saw a guy hunting on public in the north zone this weekend - 12/17/14 10:08 PM

I've seen that guy he yells at my kids to get off the yard every Saturday. Hunt test people don't have time to hunt. grin
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Saw a guy hunting on public in the north zone this weekend - 12/18/14 12:04 AM

popcorn
Posted By: BadLander

Re: Saw a guy hunting on public in the north zone this weekend - 12/18/14 12:38 AM

Classic
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum