Texas Hunting Forum

The new pup

Posted By: changedmyname

The new pup - 11/22/14 03:02 AM

Just showing off the new pup. She's about 5 months old now and a firecracker. She would literally fetch all day to the point of annoyance sometimes haha. She'll bring a ball as soon as you step outside every time.

Tioga's Magpie the Ugg
"Maggie"

Video from this evening

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: The new pup - 11/22/14 03:16 AM

Congrats
Posted By: Madewell

Re: The new pup - 11/22/14 03:21 AM

I can't wait to get a puppy. Going to get one this winter. Have to surprise the wife though.
Posted By: Guy

Re: The new pup - 11/22/14 03:22 AM

Awesome! Keep it all fun at that age and you can't mess up. But do yourself and pup a favor and get on solid training program, needs to start at 6 months or so. Force fetch key, don't let any one tell you otherwise. I had a pro help me first few sessions on my dog, my next dog there will be more pro help involvement.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: The new pup - 11/22/14 03:34 AM

Great video. That's a fun age. She's looking good.

Re: The new pup - 11/22/14 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Guy
Awesome! Keep it all fun at that age and you can't mess up. But do yourself and pup a favor and get on solid training program, needs to start at 6 months or so. Force fetch key, don't let any one tell you otherwise. I had a pro help me first few sessions on my dog, my next dog there will be more pro help involvement.

Thanks!! FF is a definite.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: The new pup - 11/22/14 04:08 AM

Not much better than hunting with a dog!

Re: The new pup - 11/22/14 04:30 AM

Yep. I've had my upland dog for a few years now but this is my first retriever. I think she'll be awesome.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: The new pup - 11/22/14 05:08 AM

cheers
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: The new pup - 11/22/14 04:08 PM

Good looking pup!

Re: The new pup - 11/22/14 04:16 PM

Hey Foosh who is whipple out of?

Re: The new pup - 11/22/14 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: iliketohunt

I assume you want to train your own dog. I would research a good pro, tell them you want to train your own dog, but want pro help, and what books/video training program to get, maybe you already got one. Or if you want to save money go HRC instead of paying a pro, HRC you could get one for free. But a book/video training program will provide a foundation and is a must JMO, coupled with hands on help from a pro.
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: The new pup - 11/22/14 11:57 PM

Hell, I have gotten so methodical and controlling on my hunts......I prefer to hunt w only my dogs at times..lol

Re: The new pup - 11/23/14 02:34 PM

I assume you want to train your own dog. I would research a good pro, tell them you want to train your own dog, but want pro help, and what books/video training program to get, maybe you already got one. Or if you want to save money go HRC instead of paying a pro, HRC you could get one for free. But a book/video training program will provide a foundation and is a must JMO, coupled with hands on help from a pro.

I know it's weird to some people but I really have no interest in formerly training my own dog. It's almost like an ocd thing, I don't like to do certain things that I'm not 100% sure of myself on because I will drive myself crazy second guessing constantly.
I'll go spend time with the trainer like I did with my vizsla but I'll let him do the hard stuff. She'll be going in January or February but I'm still deciding on where to send her.

Re: The new pup - 11/26/14 03:58 PM

Here she is thinking my wife is going to throw her phone for her. Lol

Re: The new pup - 11/26/14 04:44 PM

I know it's weird to some people but I really have no interest in formerly training my own dog. It's almost like an ocd thing, I don't like to do certain things that I'm not 100% sure of myself on because I will drive myself crazy second guessing constantly.
I'll go spend time with the trainer like I did with my vizsla but I'll let him do the hard stuff. She'll be going in January or February but I'm still deciding on where to send her.

Oh ok, having a pro do all the training is definitely better. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum