Texas Hunting Forum

Ringneck

Posted By: Sprigblaster

Ringneck - 11/21/14 12:06 AM

Punched a Ringer this morning with a very pronounced ring. Anyone ever seen one this marked?

Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Ringneck - 11/21/14 12:08 AM

I shot a majestic ringnecked duck last year like that, he's in the freezer still
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Ringneck - 11/21/14 12:10 AM

Iv never shot a ring neck so I'm not sure

I kid, I kid
Posted By: Sprigblaster

Re: Ringneck - 11/21/14 12:10 AM

I try not to shoot em since they are so few and far between. Just never seen one with that big of a brown band. Maybe I should target them more often.

I harvested him in the same place where I take all my teal. He was in there eatin rocks like them teal birds. Right up next to the Dam on R_Y B_B

Ramball, I tried your plastic airsoft BB fake bait. Worked better than them plastic corns

No real rocks were needed
Posted By: brazosboyt

Re: Ringneck - 11/21/14 01:28 AM

It's not that uncommon on mature birds.

You can see it on a few of these.
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Ringneck - 11/21/14 02:54 PM

Ringa dinga ding dong.

Maybe Garrett will chime in, he is the ringmaster. He made an awesome pot of Ringer Rue on Tuesday to celebrate his triple ringer shot. nuts
Posted By: NTX Waterfowl

Re: Ringneck - 11/21/14 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Sprigblaster
I try not to shoot em since they are so few and far between. Just never seen one with that big of a brown band. Maybe I should target them more often.

I'll try to send all mine your way. They certainly aren't in danger of going extinct where I hunt, I don't shoot many because they taste pretty rough IMO though I have found they work good in sausage.

To the OP, they get that big band as they mature hence the very misleading but technically true name.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Ringneck - 11/21/14 03:19 PM

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Ringneck - 11/22/14 05:16 AM

up
Posted By: brazosboyt

Re: Ringneck - 11/25/14 01:43 AM

Couple more today.
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: Ringneck - 11/25/14 03:39 AM

You can have all those ringbills you want
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum