Texas Hunting Forum

Not a bad start for my season

Posted By: JakeJJ

Not a bad start for my season - 11/16/14 07:32 PM

Finally got my butt back to the good ole U.S of A. Headed to the friends of the in-laws land. I have permission to hunt it a "couple" times a year. They spent alot of money setting it up for clients. And basically give me free reign if I call early enough in advance. I called the day I landed and got permission to hunt today. Grabbed a buddy and wandered around in the dark like an idiot, the water is so low nothing looked right and i couldn't get my bearings straight. Finally found the water and got set up. Turns out we got lucky, more cans than you can shake a stick at. My buddy had never shot a can so we waited and passed up MANY waiting for a big bull. Finally we had a decent drake drop it and he crushed him. He was happier than a pig in poopoo. I dropped a hen to finish of my dead mount. Missed a couple opportunities to bag a few wigeon but all in all a good day.

Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/16/14 07:35 PM

That's some big private water.

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/16/14 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave Speer
That's some big private water.

Yeah its no joke, I think it started out as a gravel pit or some sort of thing where they stripped the ground.
Posted By: GravyWheels

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/16/14 08:41 PM

That sure look exactly where I hunted Saturday morning. Public water, tons of cans. That tree line right behind you is a dead giveaway...
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/16/14 09:02 PM

up

I'm not sure Gravywheels actually reads the threads. confused2

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/16/14 09:02 PM

What kind of blind is that?
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/16/14 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: GravyWheels
That sure look exactly where I hunted Saturday morning. Public water, tons of cans. That tree line right behind you is a dead giveaway...

Rut row

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/16/14 09:25 PM

I do read them. I see where he is at, the water he is hunting, and the background in the pics matches the location to a T. And, the birds he's describing of boo-koo canvasbacks.
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/16/14 09:53 PM

TMI will get you everytime

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/16/14 11:17 PM

Not bashing the guy on his hunt, just that that's not private water. I do love me some cans. Lots of good bulls there. Gonna hit them this week one day again...

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/16/14 11:21 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/17/14 12:07 AM

Nice can.

Pick of the water is killing me. I sure wish we could get some lake filling rain.
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/17/14 12:28 AM

I shot this one on privat

Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/17/14 12:53 AM

I do read them. I see where he is at, the water he is hunting, and the background in the pics matches the location to a T. And, the birds he's describing of boo-koo canvasbacks.

I'm guessing he's 2-300 yards upriver of the pile of redbull and snuff cans that always seem to be there from the dooshers laugh
Posted By: A.B.

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/17/14 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave Speer

I'm guessing he's 2-300 yards upriver of the pile of redbull and snuff cans that always seem to be there from the dooshers laugh

It's Nos and green grizzly cans dang it.
Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/17/14 03:07 AM

wow the "house" is low
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/17/14 06:13 AM

confused2
Posted By: _Scooter_

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/17/14 10:13 AM

Yeah I was on that private lake too. Cans, as far as the eye could see... That was about all that was there other than coots! Private lake... c'mon man.

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/17/14 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Homey da Clown
wow the "house" is low

There goes the neighborhood... although I'm afraid it cannot get any worse than it is now.

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/17/14 01:22 PM

X10 Scooter

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/17/14 03:05 PM

Dang, first time I've seen someone slammed for trying to keep a place secret. Well, Sorry Y'all. I have decieved you. (Hanging my head in shame) Actually what I expected most folks to do,is what I do. See a lot of text, ignore the text, look at the pictures and move on.. I tried like the dickens to hide as much background as I could but me and photoshop don't get along.
Originally Posted By: Fooshman
What kind of blind is that?

It’s a muddywater blind, I found it on ebay for $100 brand new.

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/17/14 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: JakeJJ
Dang, first time I've seen someone slammed for trying to keep a place secret. Well, Sorry Y'all. I have decieved you. (Hanging my head in shame) Actually what I expected most folks to do,is what I do. See a lot of text, ignore the text, look at the pictures and move on.. I tried like the dickens to hide as much background as I could but me and photoshop don't get along.

It's never a good idea to just outright lie. People will call ya on it and it will tarnish your name.

Originally Posted By: JakeJJ

It’s a muddywater blind, I found it on ebay for $100 brand new.

Thing looks blocky.

Re: Not a bad start for my season - 11/18/14 06:30 AM

I've just stopped posting pics and reports... My close Friends are the only one's who know how well I'm doing and where I'm hunting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum