Bring it! - 11/08/14 10:24 AM

banana

http://hint.fm/wind/
Posted By: Diverdown

Re: Bring it! - 11/08/14 02:15 PM

up
Posted By: Guy

Re: Bring it! - 11/08/14 02:50 PM

I hope all the ducks catch the wind-train southbound.
Posted By: David Crockett

Re: Bring it! - 11/08/14 04:00 PM

I'm confused. From everything I have read, ducks land INTO the wind...right? So if the wind is blowing from the North (in a Southerly direction), won't the ducks have to come from the South?
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Bring it! - 11/08/14 04:05 PM

Not always. Moderate to high winds, typically. Low to no wind. Yes/no.

Hunt long enough you'll come to realize that the moment you think you have something figured out, you'll see or experience something that goes against what you thought you knew.

Re: Bring it! - 11/08/14 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: aerangis

Hunt long enough you'll come to realize that the moment you think you have something figured out, you'll see or experience something that goes against what you thought you knew.

His map shows high winds, blowing from the North. So wouldn't that mean any ducks in Texas would have to come up from Mexico? And I thought all the ducks were in Canada until later in the winter, right?
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Bring it! - 11/08/14 04:44 PM

This has got to be a prank.

Seriously who is this? Anybody seen the wonder lately?
Posted By: Judd

Re: Bring it! - 11/08/14 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: ducknbass

rofl Does smell of wonder doesn't it?

David...they fly south with the wind but when they land they turn and land into the wind, for control purposes.

North TX ducks come from towards Canada this time of year...March/April they'll be coming from Mexico.
Posted By: garrett

Re: Bring it! - 11/08/14 08:37 PM

Sweet, Judy is giving waterfowl advice

Re: Bring it! - 11/08/14 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: garrett
Sweet, Judy is giving waterfowl advice

And for once it was right roflmao
Posted By: garrett

Re: Bring it! - 11/08/14 10:48 PM

Guess he finally turned down the Jason Alden and started listening to you,

Re: Bring it! - 11/08/14 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Judd

rofl Does smell of wonder doesn't it?

David...they fly south with the wind but when they land they turn and land into the wind, for control purposes.

North TX ducks come from towards Canada this time of year...March/April they'll be coming from Mexico.

That makes sense. Thanks for putting it so plainly instead of all the wisecracks. I appreciate it.

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 02:42 AM

With a user name of David Crockett, that should be a clue we are not dealing with a newb. Wonder is probably shooting pen raised mallards in his greenhead wonderland..
Posted By: wfhunter

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 02:44 AM

Yeah Baby, I'm with you! I hope we have a good cold season for a change.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 03:20 AM

clap

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Guy

With a user name of David Crockett, that should be a clue we are not dealing with a newb. Wonder is probably shooting pen raised mallards in his greenhead wonderland..

That happens to be my first and middle names, thank you very much. I'll tolerate a lot of things, but insulting a man's name is right up there with calling a man a liar. Good thing for you this is the internet.

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 04:23 AM

How did I insult your name?

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 04:31 AM

How did I insult your name?

By insinuating that my name is a joke/prank by another member (whoever this "Wonder" person is). I came on this forum to learn about duck hunting, find a guide to take me out, etc, and in every single thread in which I've posted, I've been met with a bunch of smart-a$$ comments and general rudeness. And while I don't appreciate it, I just let it roll off like water off a duck's back...but I draw the line at insulting the name my mother gave me.

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 04:42 AM

Well don't be such a cry baby David and you will have some fun around here, and learn a thing or 2.

So birds use the north wind to travel south. When they want to land they land into the wind for a softer landing.

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 04:50 AM

Well don't be such a cry baby David and you will have some fun around here, and learn a thing or 2.

So birds use the north wind to travel south. When they want to land they land into the wind for a softer landing.

So you insult my name, then call me a crybaby because I don't care for it? I take great umbrage at your attitude. I think it'll be a good thing for us to never meet in person.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 04:54 AM

I knew there was a reason I liked visiting the mig section rofl

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 04:57 AM

crying

Chill out Dav. cheers

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 05:00 AM

crying

Chill out Dav. cheers

Thank God for the internet. Allowing nerds to (try to) act like bullies since Al Gore invented it. Have fun hiding behind your keyboard, Guy.

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By: David Crockett
Have fun hiding behind your keyboard, Guy.

Yeah, you got it all figured out.

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 05:13 AM

Yeah, pretty much.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 05:15 AM

Davy you had a good thing goin, but you're just coming on a little too hot to be able to stay for long. The key to trolling is to always ease your way in before mentally assassinating your enemies. Think Trojan Horse

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 05:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Ramball36
Davy you had a good thing goin, but you're just coming on a little too hot to be able to stay for long. The key to trolling is to always ease your way in before mentally assassinating your enemies. Think Trojan Horse

1. It's David. Not "Dave" or "Davy". Just David. The least you can do is oblige me by calling me by my Christian name.

2. I'm not "trolling". All I have done is ask a few questions about duck hunting (hell, I've only been once in my life and that was when I was 7 years old). At every turn, I've been assailed by discourteousness and all manner of effrontery, all unwarranted. I am profoundly aggrieved by the utter churlishness and general barbarity manifested on this forum.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 05:46 AM

I'm just trying to figure out which one you are
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 11:32 AM

what was the question again?
Posted By: Going Green

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 02:19 PM

lol that's waaaaaay too many big scoring scrabble words for this lot. Ahem, David, harmless palaber from most forum members here should be regarded as disingenuine at best and mildly chiding at it's very worst. Nobody wishes ill-effect upon you, it is simply a code amongst men who don the sinews of war to berate the un-initiated, much like the Army breaks a new cadet down to his elemental state in order to build him back up. In otherwords- don't take it personally, Hoss. It's all in fun (mostly). This is, after all, a forum of grown men discussing pursuits afield, with emoticons.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 02:36 PM

Wow. Tough crowd.

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Going Green
lol that's waaaaaay too many big scoring scrabble words for this lot. Ahem, David, harmless palaber from most forum members here should be regarded as disingenuine at best and mildly chiding at it's very worst. Nobody wishes ill-effect upon you, it is simply a code amongst men who don the sinews of war to berate the un-initiated, much like the Army breaks a new cadet down to his elemental state in order to build him back up. In otherwords- don't take it personally, Hoss. It's all in fun (mostly). This is, after all, a forum of grown men discussing pursuits afield, with emoticons.

Thanks, man. I think I was able to decipher the intent of your post after wading through all the spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors. I appreciate the support.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 05:19 PM

No way a guy who used the words "umbrage" and "effrontery" doesn't know that ducks migrate south for the winter.

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: BradyBuck
No way a guy who used the words "umbrage" and "effrontery" doesn't know that ducks migrate south for the winter.

I know they migrate south for the winter. I didn't realize that they flew WITH the North wind, that's all. I had been told that ducks always flew INTO the wind, so I thought they would migrate South when the wind was blowing from the South.
Posted By: Tx Geese

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: BradyBuck

I know they migrate south for the winter. I didn't realize that they flew WITH the North wind, that's all. I had been told that ducks always flew INTO the wind, so I thought they would migrate South when the wind was blowing from the South.

They land into wind. Many ducks and geese will arrive ahead of or with a front. not only do the shortening days and cooler weather kick in their instincts, but think of it like this.....if you were flyin several hundred miles in one lick, would you want a head wind or a tail wind?
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: aerangis

His map shows high winds, blowing from the North. So wouldn't that mean any ducks in Texas would have to come up from Mexico? And I thought all the ducks were in Canada until later in the winter, right?
Posted By: Esh and Hattie

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 10:12 PM

Drake: mornin, let's go hit up that cornfield we saw to the north yesterday.
Hen: but the wind is out of the south, I can only fly into the wind.
Drake: well s***, I guess we have to go that a way then..

-2 hours later-

Drake: good thing we found this field, the beans were delicious
Hen: for reals, I just hope the wind switches today
Drake: why?
Hen: because I want to fly back to the marsh tonight, and remember, we only fly into the wind pookie.
Posted By: Going Green

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Going Green

Thanks, man. I think I was able to decipher the intent of your post after wading through all the spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors. I appreciate the support.

Just remember, you either die a grammar nazi, or live long enough to make a typo (perhaps several, if you're lucky). That was more of a disclaimer for your benefit than what I would classify as "support". Carry on.

Re: Bring it! - 11/09/14 11:51 PM

Yall been crocketterized

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 02:11 AM

The leader of the wild frontier doesn't know how to kill a duck!
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 02:20 AM

This barbarity shall not be tolerated stir
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 02:33 AM

The leader of the whole frontier doesn't know how to kill a duck!

That's because he was busy killing bears

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 03:09 AM

Yep, the packers are eating up them bears
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 03:18 AM

Dutchmen don't watch American football. Yall play kick ball

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 03:22 AM

The Dutch are a strange people.

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Dutchmen don't watch American football. Yall play kick ball

You just insulted millions of merican soccermoms wife
Posted By: _Scooter_

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 12:08 PM

roflmao Surely, you can't be serious... Could it be Wonder at his old game???

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
Yall been crocketterized
Posted By: _Scooter_

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 12:21 PM

Yall been crocketterized

flush
Posted By: bhunter

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 06:34 PM

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 07:00 PM

banana2 banana2 banana2 banana2 banana2 banana2 banana2
Posted By: Streater

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 10:16 PM

At least you don't get called Streater the Peter Eater.

Re: Bring it! - 11/10/14 10:19 PM

I wouldnt do that to you
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum