Texas Hunting Forum

Well...I'm bored what's your go to call?

Posted By: johnboy91

Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 01:23 PM

Echo pure meat is my meat whistle of choice
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 01:38 PM

RNT Original
Posted By: johnboy91

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 02:05 PM

Rnt is pretty good I'm pretty loyal to echo though
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 02:09 PM

Ford/Chevy
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 02:11 PM

Haydel whistle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: garrett

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 02:11 PM

RNT MVP, only call needed
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: garrett
RNT MVP, only call needed

Really realmad

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 03:20 PM

Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 03:27 PM

as little as possible
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 03:47 PM

I'm gonna catch some crap for this but I just got the duck picker last week. It's real easy to blow and it sounds really good.. Couldn't pass it up for $17 on eBay!

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985
I'm gonna catch some crap for this but I just got the duck picker last week. It's real easy to blow and it sounds really good.. Couldn't pass it up for $17 on eBay!

I don't know why you would take flack for it. If it sounds good and works, roll with it. Most have no clue about calls and how they work. I can pick up a call and make it work. Hand that same call to Jeff Elder and Garrett and it lock up immediately. In most cases it has nothing to do with the construction of the call. It is different styles. When I tune a call I use the only rescource I have and that is me. So I take the call and someone says "May I try this call". I hand it to them and some love them, others not so much. It has nothing to fo with the quality of the material, but all to do with what they are used to running and what they are used to hearing. That same call can be tuned to the new owner and he can then be satisfied with the call. I don't take it personal and I no longer try to explain that to every person that runs my calls. I am not relying on the calls to make food money. I love calls, making them and being around them. So my feelings really don't get hurt when they blow the call, stop and say "Uh, nice call" and then leave. I find it rather comical because I did that very same thing to other call makers before I started making calls.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: wal1809

I don't know why you would take flack for it. If it sounds good and works, roll with it. Most have no clue about calls and how they work. I can pick up a call and make it work. Hand that same call to Jeff Elder and Garrett and it lock up immediately. In most cases it has nothing to do with the construction of the call. It is different styles. When I tune a call I use the only rescource I have and that is me. So I take the call and someone says "May I try this call". I hand it to them and some love them, others not so much. It has nothing to fo with the quality of the material, but all to do with what they are used to running and what they are used to hearing. That same call can be tuned to the new owner and he can then be satisfied with the call. I don't take it personal and I no longer try to explain that to every person that runs my calls. I am not relying on the calls to make food money. I love calls, making them and being around them. So my feelings really don't get hurt when they blow the call, stop and say "Uh, nice call" and then leave. I find it rather comical because I did that very same thing to other call makers before I started making calls.

Well you definitely have a gift not many of us were blessed with.. And if your calls sound anything like they look, (and I have a feeling they do), they've gotta be some of the best out there.

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 04:51 PM

Well you definitely have a gift not many of us were blessed with.. And if your calls sound anything like they look, (and I have a feeling they do), they've gotta be some of the best out there.

Well now I am a sucker for very nice compliments. Thank you

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 05:40 PM

yeah he was blessed with a gift alright

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: garrett

yeah he was blessed with a gift alright
loser8
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 09:45 PM

Old RNT short barrel

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 10:25 PM

Short barrel
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 10:56 PM

Wayne if I could blow a call I'd probably love yours. I really can't work any of them and frankly gave up about a year or so ago. I can't blow them in the truck anymore, too loud for me. Don't want to practice them in the field, while hoping for birds. Not going to run one in the house. Whelp, I'm hopeless!
Posted By: quackaholic1

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/06/14 11:51 PM

Olt DR115
Posted By: chilled shot

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/07/14 02:52 AM

Echo XLT tuned to sing like Gladys Knight. You know what i'm takin bout
Posted By: Roc

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/07/14 03:54 AM

Rnt mondo or daisy cutter.
Posted By: STX Waterfowler

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/07/14 04:44 AM

Lol. My neon green DU call. Tiny double-reed thang that sounds really good and is really easy to use. Got it with my renewal with DU. I can roll a diver out as well.
Posted By: Fowl Language

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/07/14 01:40 PM

The most over blown call in the field this single reed.
I've found most can blow them, but lack the skill to control the call. This, as most of you know, tends to ruin the day for those around them.
For a true ducky sound, I prefer a nice raspy double reed. It is just as, if not more effective than a single reed call. And to most folks surprise, they do have great volume.
I'll go with, well Fowl Language calls.

Re: Well...I'm bored what's your go to call? - 11/07/14 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave Speer
Wayne if I could blow a call I'd probably love yours. I really can't work any of them and frankly gave up about a year or so ago. I can't blow them in the truck anymore, too loud for me. Don't want to practice them in the field, while hoping for birds. Not going to run one in the house. Whelp, I'm hopeless!

We are going to sit down and have a lesson THIS YEAR!!! You might be just like me and not able to blow a call lie the traditional ways taught by every CD on the market. Like some folks can't roll their Rs, I can't do the tuga tuga thingy. My physical make up will not allow it. I was not able to do it when I played a any of the horns, trumpet or french horn. I accepted this fact and moved on, however I compensated. I just do things different. You might need to reset the thought process and do soomething different too. By that I don't mean never picking up a call.

On a different note, I certainly thank you for admitting the problem and laying the call down for now. My brother still needs to learn the art of "self quarantine" when it comes to duck calling. I have had wonderful seasons full of fantasy with my brother hunting by my side. The fantasy is me taking his call and sticking it into the mud and he NEVER EVER finding his call again. Yes!!! He is that bad.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum