Texas Hunting Forum

Duck hunting with my dad.

Posted By: TXBOWHUNTER!

Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/03/14 02:22 AM

Took my dad out this morning for a little public land duck hunting and my scouting paid off. We both limited out in an hour.

Posted By: Guy

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/03/14 02:29 AM

Cool deal taking Dad out. Man you got some lights on that rig. up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/03/14 05:08 AM

up
Posted By: garrett

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/03/14 01:49 PM

duck season at its finest
Posted By: BobMac

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/03/14 01:54 PM

Priceless memories. bounce
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/03/14 01:56 PM

Nice. Might be the pic but that boat looks looooong.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/03/14 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
up
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/03/14 02:11 PM

Nice
Posted By: nochance4win

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/03/14 05:24 PM

Great job and even greater memories.

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/03/14 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Fooshman
Nice. Might be the pic but that boat looks looooong.

the pic does help make it look bigger. but its only 22' long.

and to top the hunt off we needed 3 birds and in come 3 we both dropped a bird on our first shot and dad shot the third just before i could. wish i would have had the gopro going. birds worked great and all came in feet down wanting to land. it was nice to put my dad on the birds, growing up he always did all the scouting and put decoys out and everything but now that he getting older he "Lets" me do all that. but its tough to beat spending time outdoors shooting ducks with dad.
Posted By: Merican Duck Hunter

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/03/14 10:39 PM

up
Posted By: brennansgrandpa

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/07/14 01:57 AM

Awesome! Wish I could do that but my Dad retired to Florida and will not get on a plane any more. I did get him to come down a while back and I saved up to give him the trip he deserved, took him to the Orvis lodge in Mingus for a duck hunt in the morning, pheasants in the afternoon and then we went to Pittsburgh, TX for a goose hunt. Took a ton of pictures and went online and created a digital scrapbook of the trip. He called me yesterday after coming from from the hospital after a hip replacement and said "just finished looking at the book", hope we can do it next year. Me too!
Posted By: chilled shot

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/07/14 02:16 AM

Really good to hear about these family outings and all the pleasure they bring. Good on you bud. cheers

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/07/14 02:31 AM

my dad got me into hunting when i was big enough to care a BB gun. he would go deer hunting and id go sit on my little seat strapped to the tree line behind a big chicken coop at the deer lease and shoot squirrels. fast forward to when i 8 and finally big enough shoot the big gun - level action 30-30 and got to shoot my first deer. for years i was by his side hunting every chance i got to go. then i was a teenager and all i wanted to do was to go by myself and do it on my own. fast forward a few more years after i became an adult and moved out and now i thoroughly enjoy hunting with my dad. I know plenty of people who have never hunted or fished and im extremely grateful now of growing up hunting and fishing with my dad. i couldn't imagine my life now if i didn't hunt and fish. for christmas this year i want to gather all of our hunting pictures from over the years and make a little book and give it to him.
Posted By: chilled shot

Re: Duck hunting with my dad. - 11/07/14 02:55 AM

Wow, that would a great present from you too him.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum