Texas Hunting Forum

No opening day roll call yet??!??!

Posted By: oilag

No opening day roll call yet??!??! - 11/01/14 09:29 AM

Be safe out there and give em hell. Can't wait for all the pics
Posted By: Windrider

Re: No opening day roll call yet??!??! - 11/01/14 10:14 AM

Sitting at the IHOP getting ready to go. No birds in the area, but a love watching the sunrise.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: No opening day roll call yet??!??! - 11/01/14 10:27 AM

ahem.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: No opening day roll call yet??!??! - 11/01/14 10:43 AM

Picking up hunting buddy at his house but I'm 20 minutes early cause I couldn't sleep. I guess I'll just sit here for about ten minutes before I text him.
Posted By: lakewaydr50

Re: No opening day roll call yet??!??! - 11/01/14 04:05 PM

Set this one out, I woke up @ 8:45 this morning with a yellow lab licking me in the face. I am passing on the Barney this year unless we get some substantial rain. We are hunting mid week in an undisclosed location and probably won't roll until the ducks get down in large numbers..........
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: No opening day roll call yet??!??! - 11/01/14 04:25 PM

Saw 2 teal fly over and 2 big ducks but still to dark to see what they were. Never fired a shot this morning. Went and scouted another hunting place with 3 pools and not a duck one. WTH...
Posted By: longone

Re: No opening day roll call yet??!??! - 11/02/14 03:18 AM

Checked all the holes today and closed the valves on the duck ponds..
Praying for rain.

Re: No opening day roll call yet??!??! - 11/02/14 06:42 AM

Just as soon as I got the coffee brewing I stepped outside to listen figured I'd here at least a few shots down toward the west end of the Barney. The time was probably about 8:50ish and usually there is still some shooting, even that late. It was completely quiet........kind of surprised me...........
Posted By: mohunter

Re: No opening day roll call yet??!??! - 11/02/14 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By: lakewaydr50
Just as soon as I got the coffee brewing I stepped outside to listen figured I'd here at least a few shots down toward the west end of the Barney. The time was probably about 8:50ish and usually there is still some shooting, even that late. It was completely quiet........kind of surprised me...........

Everyone already had their limit by then.

Re: No opening day roll call yet??!??! - 11/02/14 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: mohunter
Originally Posted By: lakewaydr50

Everyone already had their limit by then.
eek2 Up @ 7:00 this morning and still quiet they must be getting right @ day break wink
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: No opening day roll call yet??!??! - 11/02/14 02:56 PM

Well I'm guessing the guys that actually went out had more luck than those drinking coffe on the porch while posting on THF. We got a little shooting in.

Re: No opening day roll call yet??!??! - 11/02/14 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Hayraker
Well I'm guessing the guys that actually went out had more luck than those drinking coffe on the porch while posting on THF. We got a little shooting in.
I'll be out soon just won' fight the DFW crowd for it. On the flip side I'm wishing I would have gone deer hunting this morning ..... Wife and daughter are submitting me to Hallmark torture ...... They are watching romantic feely goody Christmas movies complete with the tear jerker music in the back ground.....huuuugh!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum