Texas Hunting Forum

12 volt headlamp

Posted By: Guy

12 volt headlamp - 10/27/14 10:01 PM

I know you can make them, but I can't be bothered with that. Just ordered "Super Spot Pro 48000 CBCP 100 watt" shown at top of link below, but I got it with the battery clamps like the "Super Spot 48000 CBCP 100 watt", 4th one down. I wish they made it with the 3 prong 12 volt plug.

http://www.huntinglight.com/ultralight-headlight-products-c-21.html
Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: 12 volt headlamp - 10/27/14 10:42 PM

Guy , buy hardhat light and be done with it.

Have had mine for 15 years...I don't care how many LED lights with 1000's of lumens of light a boat has there ain't NOTHING like being able to put the light where and when you want it. This light uses a 100W aircraft landing bulb...you'll never have an issue trying to find that certain "mark", creek channel or cut with this thing! Have only had to replace my bulb twice in 15 years.

Re: 12 volt headlamp - 10/27/14 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Homey da Clown

Have had mine for 15 years...I don't care how many LED lights with 1000's of lumens of light a boat has there ain't NOTHING like being able to put the light where and when you want it. This light uses a 100W aircraft landing bulb...you'll never have an issue trying to find that certain "mark", creek channel or cut with this thing! Have only had to replace my bulb twice in 15 years.

I think the light bulb they use is the same bulb. I can't be bothered making one, and no one sells them made, except this guy. And I would rather have a stap than a hard hat.
Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: 12 volt headlamp - 10/27/14 11:27 PM

let us know how that all works out
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: 12 volt headlamp - 10/28/14 12:31 AM

You can decorate it with cowboys colors.....

So did you get a raise or a second job to buy two boats and this other new chit. confused2

Re: 12 volt headlamp - 10/28/14 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Gdogg
You can decorate it with cowboys colors.....

I want it to shine a blue star. grin

Re: 12 volt headlamp - 10/28/14 12:42 AM

It will double for a nice crapper. grin

Re: 12 volt headlamp - 10/28/14 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Gdogg
So did you get a raise or a second job to buy two boats and this other new chit. confused2

They are used boats, now homey and foosh they are the high rollers.
Posted By: stringwise

Re: 12 volt headlamp - 10/28/14 02:22 AM

This is for duck or dove?

Re: 12 volt headlamp - 10/28/14 02:42 AM

Duck, spot light for the boat.
Posted By: stringwise

Re: 12 volt headlamp - 10/28/14 01:01 PM

Was hoping you would say that. I think that would work reall well.

Re: 12 volt headlamp - 10/29/14 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy
Originally Posted By: Homey da Clown

I think the light bulb they use is the same bulb. I can't be bothered making one, and no one sells them made, except this guy. And I would rather have a strap than a hard hat.

I called the guy yesterday, he said it is not the PAR46 or the PAR36 as yours (http://www.drundel.com/hunt/hardhatlight/), but he said his bulb is just as "intense", last longer, does not get as hot, and lighter. My guess it is not as bright, but I'm going to give it a try anyway. grin

Re: 12 volt headlamp - 10/29/14 01:16 PM

I can't do green! Is there a yellow or maybe coral? grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum