Texas Hunting Forum

New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help

Posted By: TXGH

New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/21/14 07:11 PM

Hey guys,

I am new to Houston. I am new to Duck hunting in general and the Houston area.

Is anyone willing to help me out and let a fellow hunter learning the ropes of duck hunting tag along on some hunts this season?

I do have some decoys and calls. I will also provide the drinks and food. If hotel accommodations are needed, I do work for Hilton so any Hilton brand hotels I get MASSIVE discounts on rooms. (Hampton Inns for 29.00 a night)

Let me know if you are interested in helping me out.

Also I can help you out on hotel stays as a form of compensation apart from staying while hunting ect.

Thanks!
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/21/14 07:19 PM

Dang, I might need to meet up with you for a coastal hunt.
Posted By: Waterfowlhnter

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/21/14 08:12 PM

What part of Houston you in?

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/21/14 09:06 PM

I live on the border of Cypress / Spring But I am willing to drive
Posted By: john paul

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/21/14 09:24 PM

If you can get me some rooms at the Hampton Inn in the French Quarter for $29.00/night, the weekend of February 6-8, we can maybe work a deal! Let me know. up
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/21/14 10:19 PM

I need 5 nights in carbondale il
Posted By: john paul

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/21/14 10:51 PM

Never mind, I missed the public part.
Posted By: garrett

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/21/14 11:20 PM

Be careful looking for hunting buddies on the Internet, this is what the last guy walked into when he split a room with Dave and John Paul

Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/22/14 03:01 PM

We had to make room for gear.

I hear you and Jeff carry A LOT of gear. Cozy!

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/22/14 04:11 PM

John,

It does nto have to be public if you have a place to hunt already

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/22/14 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: garrett
Be careful looking for hunting buddies on the Internet, this is what the last guy walked into when he split a room with Dave and John Paul

HAHAHA Hilton does not have small motels, so that's not something to worry about. I also tend to book Homewood Suites By Hilton, as my rate is 39 a night and they have a full kitchens with a separate living area with a pull out sofa... So no sliding two beds together with this guy. haha
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/22/14 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: garrett

Enough tomfoolery this guy is being serious.

you should look up or Don. What was his last name?
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/22/14 06:34 PM

Edwards. That's it.
Posted By: teal.slayer14

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/27/14 04:58 PM

I'm new to the area as well.

PM Sent

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/27/14 07:40 PM

So any takers on this weekend? Anyone traveling and need hotel accommodations as compensation? Privet land preferable for opening weekend, I want to come home in one piece haha.

Like I said if you are traveling and using a hotel I can get hooked up for that.

Thanks!
Posted By: Fishuhalik

Re: New to Houston - Looking for Public Duck hunt help - Compensation for help - 10/29/14 10:13 AM

I'm in Katy. I'm new to the area also but I've duck hunted the majority of my life. By the sound of it, coastal hunting can be a gas. I'm sure it'll take some time to learn it but that's 1/2 the fun right? I work a 14 days on 7 days off schedule & plan to do as much hunting as possible when I'm off. Especially in the am when the kiddos are in school. Are you ever available to hunt weekdays?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum